Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AMA Superbike: Zemke to Erionhttp://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=5541&Page=1#
11/7/2007
By Ken Hutchison

According to Cycle News, the Zemke deal is signed, sealed and delivered. After three seasons campaigning the CBR1000RR in the Superbike class for American Honda, Jake moves to the satellite Erion squad for the 2008 season. Make no mistake, the Erion team knows how to win and the 32-year old Californian does too. This could be a lethal combination for Erion, whose main man Josh Hayes was narrowly beat out for the Supersport championship last year.

Just a year has come and gone since Zemke won the 2006 Daytona 200 on an American Honda prepared CBR600RR and had it not been for some 'fuel issues' he might have defended that title in '07. There is no doubt the guy knows how to ride. His career highlights show a lot of second and third place finishes in the championship - including this past season where he finished third to the dominant duo from Yosh.

Will this be the year Jake breaks through and wins his first AMA Superbike series championship? With both FX and Supersport classes in his sights and a few years of watching the Suzuki's kick everyone's ass in Superbike he is sure to be ready to make his presence felt.

Career Highlights:
2007 - 3rd AMA Superbike
2006 - 7th AMA Superbike
2005 - 11th AMA Superbike
2005 - 2nd AMA Formula Xtreme
2004 - 3rd AMA Superbike
2004 - 2nd AMA Formula Xtreme
2003 - 3rd AMA Formula Xtreme
2003 - 5th AMA Supersport Series
2002 - 2nd AMA Formula Xtreme
2000 - 2nd AMA Formula Xtreme
1999 - 2nd AMA 750 SuperSport Series
1997 - 3rd AMA Harley-Davidson Supertwins

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=5541&Page=1

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
neil hodgson:rock

but, if i had an opinion i would have stayed with zemke and said goodbye to miguel duhamel:fact IMO.

·
Motha Russia
1,424 Posts
Duhamel should have retired years ago, I never had any respect for him.

The USGP just showed how big of a l*ser his is :fact :fact That horse of a gf of his must take good care of those Honda boys :crash

Now R1L, FireHawk and JR will come to his defence :r1lover

I hope Zemke has a good year with Erion ;)

·
Anti Post Whore
459 Posts
i think that zemke will be a good fit with the erion team.
He rode for them right before going to American Honda, and he did good there. That's why he got the factory ride the last few years..He was Nicky's team mate for a short bit at Erion.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Duhamel should have retired years ago, I never had any respect for him.

The USGP just showed how big of a l*ser his is :fact :fact That horse of a gf of his must take good care of those Honda boys :crash

Now R1L, FireHawk and JR will come to his defence :r1lover

I hope Zemke has a good year with Erion ;)

well, i respected him for all that he had done in the sport. but, that was just was un-called for. he simply wasted a great opportunity for any1 else.

ok, ok, ok. im not goin to keep talkin about the old fart.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He rode for them right before going to American Honda, and he did good there. That's why he got the factory ride the last few years..He was Nicky's team mate for a short bit at Erion.
:yes
yup, ur right bout that
:yes

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Bruce Transportation Group.

Ride safe.
Link

Many AMA road-racing fans remember Zemke's debut in the 1997 SuperTwins series. The eight-year veteran of dirt-track racing transitioned seamlessly onto the tarmac, cutting and sliding his way to third overall for the season. He was subsequently deemed "one to watch" and, in the following years, would become a regular podium finisher riding for Erion Racing and the Bruce Transportation Group. One of his best seasons came in Formula Xtreme competition in 2002 when he ended the series tied for first place in points; unfortunately, the championship went to another rider on the tie-breaking formula because Zemke had one less race win.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Yep, I remember seeing him at Laguna a long time ago.... the best part is he has always been a great guy to the fans.... I have several shirts and posters signed by him. He was always there to sign them when others were hiding from the fans he was looking for them with that smile. Great Guy IMO.

·
STRAIGHT ROADS SUCK
2,704 Posts
I agree he has always been great to the fans. The misses and I have spoken with him a couple times, and he is always easy to talk and always seems positive even when you know he is having a rough time on the track. Unfortunately, what probably could have been his best years on the Factory Superbike where hindered by American Honda's reorganization from HRC.

IMO he never had a fair shake to show his true potential on the Factory Superbike since starting out the bike actually went backwards and a lot of time was wasted trying to make it competitive again.

Ride safe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts