Yamaha Powersport Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Minstar
31 Posts
Hi Angioletti, great effort in terms of hp gain, I note the ignitec change and also new pistons etc. What do you think gave biggest bang for buck as changing out pistons generally doesn't drive massive gains hp unless you are looking at major increases in compression and the YZF already ran 11.5 : 1 static compression. Largely driven by the Ignitec you think?

· Registered
10 Posts
Hi Angioletti,
Nice bike! 125HP is really good for a production based motor. I've built a few of these motors and 125 is pretty much everything you can. Most supersport bikes came in around 115-118 with cam timing and fully balanced motor. What numbers are you running on cam timing? and what country are you racing? Best of luck to you this season-

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Angioletti, great effort in terms of hp gain, I note the ignitec change and also new pistons etc. What do you think gave biggest bang for buck as changing out pistons generally doesn't drive massive gains hp unless you are looking at major increases in compression and the YZF already ran 11.5 : 1 static compression. Largely driven by the Ignitec you think?
The greatest power gain is thanks to porting the cylinder head and the ignitech ignition

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Angioletti,
Nice bike! 125HP is really good for a production based motor. I've built a few of these motors and 125 is pretty much everything you can. Most supersport bikes came in around 115-118 with cam timing and fully balanced motor. What numbers are you running on cam timing? and what country are you racing? Best of luck to you this season-
Thank you I have been guided by this fzr 750 0w01 manual, the rest is from personal experience and I am from Spain
I know it's hard to find this manual, you're welcome ;););););)

· Registered
10 Posts
Thank you I have been guided by this fzr 750 0w01 manual, the rest is from personal experience and I am from Spain
I know it's hard to find this manual, you're welcome ;););););)
Thank you for the manual! It confirms my cam specs for the 750. I have an fzr750rt that will get some of this tuning :) The YZF has a 1040-6sp with FCR's. I just need to stick the motor back in. Best of luck this season!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts