Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You get your own! Putting Marchensi's on an R1. Shit, you could've damn near had another bike with the price tag of those...

·
R1F Outcast!!
5,948 Posts
You get your own! Putting Marchensi's on an R1. Shit, you could've damn near had another bike with the price tag of those...

A used dirt bike crossed my mind but I just wouldn't ride it much I don't think. :nono

·
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A used dirt bike crossed my mind but I just wouldn't ride it much I don't think. :nono
Once you go dirty....

Actually, an enduro or dual purpose bike would be good. You'd be surprised at how much more you would be riding it IMO.

·
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Europe gets more models than we do here. I think it's because they are more M//C friendly over there.

Also, I believe it has to do with emissions. We have stricter emissions standards here than they do elsewhere I believe

·
Major Member
2,244 Posts
Yep...I was going to say emissions. You really don't see alot of the Paris-Dakar type bikes over here. Maybe they think there isn't a market for them.

·
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been seeing a ton of the BMW version lately around here!! :yes
The BMW R1200's have been popular for quite some time. BMW built that for US import. Yamaha doesn't have a true enduro bike, and IMO it's hurting them. If they were to offer the XT660 it would sell very well IMO. The Honda XR650 does okay, but even that needs to be updated as it's still aircooled.

·
R1F Outcast!!
5,948 Posts
The BMW R1200's have been popular for quite some time. BMW built that for US import. Yamaha doesn't have a true enduro bike, and IMO it's hurting them. If they were to offer the XT660 it would sell very well IMO. The Honda XR650 does okay, but even that needs to be updated as it's still aircooled.
Yup...they could sell the crap out of them here. :yes

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just bought a new KLR650 because Yamaha doesn't sell a serious Dual Sport in the States. :confused Called Yamaha USA to tell them they could have had a customer if they imported the XT660; also told them that I'd kick my KLR to curb when they did. I believe Yamaha does not bring the XT660 to the States because of the market, the US market is ATV not Dual Sport Adventure type rigs. But that's changing. Oh, to ride a XT660Z in Khaki!

·
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep, if they sold the 660 here, Yamaha would have a larger following IMO. I'd own one, two in fact. But, I'd got for the XT660R as I prefer the classic look. :)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I thought North America would have a market for these, BMW has been selling these for a while now, I thought Yamaha would see the market by now... :punch

·
track squid
87 Posts
there are certain places where that bike would be a must, my grandparents have a house in upstate new york north of binghamton, there are mountains with dirt roads and then you make your way to pavement and in some cases its almost like a trail when your riding around, that would be the perfect bike to get around and have some fun on

1 - 20 of 24 Posts