Yamaha Powersport Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so ive been waiting to insure my Xmax after a couple months not riding, i typicaly turned it on every now and then and it started taking abit longer to start.
But this time it wouldn't start and would not let me use the starter motor as well as the head unit cutting out and buzzing.
I kept it under a cover the whole time and i am just confused on the issue. It says L Battery but horn was really loud and i doubt its low.
Anyone know what might be the issue?

· Administrator "Loose Nut" - from Bandera, Texas
126 Posts
Yeh im gonna charge it tommorow but why is the headunit turning off and buzzing, isnt something abit wrong there?
Cheers
Probably not, takes a certain amount of voltage for things to work properly. On most yamaha bikes, anything below 10.5 voltage the ECU won't send a fire to the coils. It's enough voltage to turn motor but not enough to fire. From my experience, always check battery voltage first.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably not, takes a certain amount of voltage for things to work properly. On most yamaha bikes, anything below 10.5 voltage the ECU won't send a fire to the coils. It's enough voltage to turn motor but not enough to fire. From my experience, always check battery voltage first.
Yes mate all it took was a recharge of the battery. Thanks for the help anyways

1 - 5 of 5 Posts