Yamaha Powersport Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had all panels removed recently and discovered some unused connectors in the front. Does anyone know what these are used for and secondly, which ones would I use to install a power outlet and heated grips?

Picture no 1, left hand side under the radiator cap assembly behind upper side panel:
Automotive design Motor vehicle Gesture Toy Mecha

• One white rectangle connector with 4 pins, all seem to be ground and the wires are black.
  • One white twin circle (shaped like an "8") connector with two rubber plugs in each hole. One wire gives constant 12v, the other one is neither 12v nor ground (signal?).

Picture no 2, same place as above a bit further up towards the center:
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Vehicle

- A black rectangle with two pins. The upper/center pin with a brown wire gives 12v with ignition ON, the other one seems to be ground (black wire).

Picture no 3, right hand side behind the small black upper panel under the right display:
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle handlebar Automotive design Motor vehicle

- A white 4-pin round hole connector, with 12v, ground and some kind of signals (Red/black 12v, black Ground, blue/black (?) and green/black (?) Signal)

If someone has an original power outlet I'd love to see how they are installed, both wiring and the outlet itself! Also if anyone has heated grips and could share a picture of the wiring.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Been searching online for connectors and picture no 2 shows a 2.8 mm pin 3 way Molex or MTW housing, also marketed as "Motorcycle connector". I found an online retailer in Sweden that sells these in 5-sets:

Since I'm having a hard time finding an original 12v power outlet, I'm considering putting one together myself. Also, the thing is that I think the original one (and the wires on the bike) are limited to 1 amp. A Qualcomm Quickcharge 3.0 needs 3 amps, a Quickharge 4.0 needs 4 amps.
So plan B is to buy a 4 pin relay, take constant power and ground directly from the battery and ignition 12v from that black connector. That way I can put a 5 amp fuse for the outlet and have full power on my charger.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts