Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took a new position in my company which is going to require 50% travel to Las Vegas for at least the next 9-10 months.
Do any of my Vegas brothers know of a trackday org/school in the area that provides the bike as well?

·
Major Member
2,244 Posts
So I took a new position in my company which is going to require 50% travel to Las Vegas for at least the next 9-10 months.
Do any of my Vegas brothers know of a trackday org/school in the area that provides the bike as well?
Don't know of any that provide a bike, unless you participate in a rider's school (Keith Code supplies bikes in his school....)

You're gonna be near two VERY cool tracks....Las Vegas Classic Track at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, and Spring Mountain (Parhump). Parhump is about 30 minutes away from the strip. If you know you're going to be out there 50% of the time during a 10 month period, I'd take your bike out there and store it. Some very good riding to be had out there....

And yea....hit up Sara ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I will provide some answers to my own question. It seems like there are a handful of organizations that provide this service:

http://www.ridetime.net/
http://www.aztrackday.com/v2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5&Itemid=31
http://www.utahsportbikerental.com/track_days.php

Unfortunately the cost (and liability if you toss one) make them nothing more than a one time option for me. I would rather pick up a bike locally and find some place to store it. I guess I'm in the market for a track bike.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Whatever happens in Vegas should stay in Vegas, so I couldn't really tell you... :lol:lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you know you're going to be out there 50% of the time during a 10 month period, I'd take your bike out there and store it.
I thought about that but it is going to be more like a week there and a week back home and I don't want to miss any time locally either. I hooked up with a few local racers here this summer and I have become their pet project. They are dead-set on getting me licensed and racing next season. They have their work cut out for them :secret
You're gonna be near two VERY cool tracks....Las Vegas Classic Track at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, and Spring Mountain (Parhump).
socal trackdays does the days out at pahrump. freddies school is at lv speedway
I have heard some really good things about pahrump...really looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Party like a Rockstar!!!!!

·
Site Supporter
3,039 Posts
Fasttrack is the main provider for LVMS and SMMP. So-cal and the jason pridmore star school comes out now and then too. They do not supply bikes but sportbikerental.com can. There are only a couple nice places to ride on the streets out here. Red Rock canyon, valley of fire, the lake, mt. charleston are probably the best to pick from.
There is a huge group of avid riders, 702sportbike.com. definatly check us out when you get here.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts

·
Vegas Hottie
345 Posts
Party like a Rockstar!!!!!
I can arrange that and then some :beer:rock:belgium

Fasttrack is the main provider for LVMS and SMMP........ There is a huge group of avid riders, 702sportbike.com. definatly check us out when you get here.
What ^ said! Great Forum (I'm a member, though not toooo active). They meet every Monday evening for eats then go on a ride to some destination which is decided at that time I beleive. I've no doubt they'll be helpful. :jiggy

·
Vegas Hottie
345 Posts
sara has always seemed nice. i would feel bad if you did haha why put her through that.
..... and the possibility that I may even have something to say about that taking place.... OOOOPS!

OMG!!! Was I thinking out loud???

sorry! :r1lover

< you may return to your regular programing>

1 - 20 of 26 Posts