Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will be in the market for an off road bike in the next few months, am in the middle of moving house, was thinking of a wrf250, it'll have to be road legal, will be used for green laning and generally messing about in quarries, woods/forrests and at the beach.

don't want anything to mental, think the 450 would be to much, haven't ridden off road for a few years, last dirt bike i had was an ex works kawasaki kx500:eek

what would you guys recommend:popcorn

·
Major Member
2,244 Posts
dude....if your last bike was a works 500, then the 250 four is going to be one boring motorcycle. you just worried about getting busted or something? remember, they're racing 450 fours against 250 twos in motocross....i think a 450 would be a much better fit for ya.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but i was younger and stupider when i had the 500 & it was an evil bitch, i still have the scars! i want something easier to ride that wont try and kill me every 5 mins!

·
mod impersonator
3,221 Posts
get the one with the biggest motor :crash

:lol

jray02r1
jesse

·
Major Member
2,244 Posts
i'd still go with the 450....i think you'll be surprised by how useable the power is. 450 motors are awesome. 500 was a BEAST for sure.

i think you'll get bored on a 250 quickly....

·
APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
2,173 Posts
450, especially if you are going with the WR series. They are already tuned down from the MX versions. Even the 250 MX is a boring ass ride. you really have to tap em out to get any power out of them and if you want do street riding thats not how you want to ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts