Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

What happened to my Blaster

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  macattack 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 Blaster that recently just quit! I mean I was having fun doing wheelies and burnouts and what not and all of a sudden it died and won't let me even kick on the kick start! Can someone please tell me it's happened to them and what it is? Should I trash it or is it worth fixing? What kind of dollar sign am I looking at? Any input will help me.

Also, I have a 2008 R1 and was wondering what the most common or best exhaust as far as slip-ons for mainly sound and looks I should put on it? Thanks.

#2 ·
the blaster could have seized

price range $100-600 or possible more if the cause of the seizure is extensive.

the r1 is a matter of personal preference .

I personally liked the looks and sound of the akrapovic on my bike

I think there is a way to get the slip on and the mid pipe too which eliminates the excessive heat blasting out around your legs.

#7 ·
Well needless to say a friend let me borrow it. He had just bought it a month in advance but never rode it. It was smoking somewhat but me and his neo were just acting like little kids lol n then I did a burn out and there I was going in circles. Next time I started it it was knocking and died and that's when it did it. I tried kick starting it and it wouldn't even let me. I guess ill give him the $500 he was trying to sell it to me for and fix it later sometime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.