Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Whassaaaaa
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me tell you about my weekend so far.... Friday night I go check on the new house I'm building (had been in Berlin in meetings for a couple of days) and I notice my entire basement is FLOODED... :cry :eek

Belgium has been hit with torrential rains and storms lately, and the ground is utterly saturated. Wheather report indicates we'll get more of the same for days to come :cry Stupid country. Rain and taxes is all you get.

Nothing I can do right there and then as it's pitch dark and the place does not have electricity yet.

So I go home and try and sleep, and fail miserably due to worrying about the 5 inches of muddy water in my basement & garage... :cry

So I get up at 6.30AM today, and head out to the new place. Spend 7 hours straight digging ditches so the water can get out to the street, then start to mop up.

All our lighting was in that basement waiting to be installed... 17,000 euros worth... I hope it's not all ruined :cry

This afternoon was better. Went on a VIP arrangement for the new Cirque Du Soleil show (Varekai) in Antwerp. Amazing show, and good food & champagne... :hooray :beer

So you can say it's a weekend with ups and downs...

My back is utterly destroyed from all the digging and using the pick-axe to dig through the concrete that was left on the driveway... I'm in pain, so using alcohol to numb it :)

So how was your weekend ? :beer

·
Whassaaaaa
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sucks ass Alex, hopefully the lighting is on or at least insurance will cover it if it is destroyed.

Hopefully the weekend will continue to improve... :beer
Uhm...no insurance yet, as the place is not finished yet. Here in Belgium you only get insurance when the place is finished and you live there... :cry

I'm hoping for the best right now.

On a separate note, CSCO stock crashed from 34 to 28.5 in 2 days after announcing great results. F%^#&# subprime mortgage woes. It's as if they gave every bum and his dog a mortgage they couldn't pay in the US...

Not really happy right now. Need more beer. :beer

·
4rum OG #8
508 Posts
Sorry to hear that belgium. Look on the bright side, at least you didn't have all your stuff down there as if you were living there. Hope your lights weren't ruined either. I only got rained on during my ride. As I was merging on the freeway I seen a fellow motorcyclist standing on the diamond along with his wrecked CBR , he gave me a thumbs up as i was rolling by. Looks like he lowsided, probably some stupid cager caused it since thats were two lanes merge into one from a right hander.

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Alex. Hopefully you're able to salvage some of the lighting. Any chance for drain tile and a sump pump in the new home? If so, what are your chances of running an extension cord over to your neighbors if you have any?

As for me, did a morning run (first time in a month or so due to health issues) and have been working on things around the house.

And yes, they did give every bum and his dog not just one mortgage, but multiples and home equity loans they'll never be able to pay back. Completely ruining the economy over here. :rant

1 - 5 of 5 Posts