Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

Walking on Water!

3K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  J Dollaz 
#1 ·
#3 ·
tape up your belly pan holes and rock. I usually let out the limiter straps before I do it to.

When she starts to go down, hit the killswitch and jam the left side of the sled into the water as hard as you can, once the clutch gets under water it'll grind the motor to a halt, which is good. LAST thing you want is the thing still pumping over and then to suck water, that's insta-rebuild time.

If you get the motor stopped before you sink it, just spray some water dispersant down the spark plug holes, replace fuel and oil, and carry on, less than 10 minutes work.

#11 ·
it's not so tough, I mean you can skip across the top easy street, it's when you fit a ddep paddled track and clutch and gear for torque and thrust and start actually playing around with starting, stopping, turning that it gets really fun. And I've not got much experience with that stuff at all. Just the standard "close 1 eye, lean back and keep it pinned." stuff.

#14 ·
Great thread J$. That is some funny shyt.

Ride safe.
thanx....
Its not the thread .....
Its the Sport that makes it...These guys are fkn Nutz for ever
attempting this! Can you imagine the 1st guy to ever take a snowmobile over open water ???????????

He must have been like " Oh shyt...then WOT " :lol

#17 ·
ahh...its that time of year again:muahaha

skipping water is easy, hell alot of trails that cross the bigger lakes around here force you to skip water to get thru the other side:fact

we used to do this shit in the summer when we were bored:lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.