Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Legal!
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys need some help anybody know where the V-star 600 custom redlines at...its for my mom and i bought her a tach (since yamaha deemed unnesesary for it???:kicknuts) for her b-day now the shop that installed it doesnt know the redline...anybody have any answeres??? thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
It looks like a little over 3000 RPM's

Engine:
Beautifully chromed and polished 40 cubic-inch (649cc), air-cooled, V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power with minimal engine rpm—maximum torque is reached at only 3000 rpm—for powerful, smooth cruising performance.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Thanks bro, glad you like it, we just need to spread the word a bit more... I have been a little busy with work and haven't had a chance to push it lately... in time though I think it will be a great site... :) :beer

One thing I found interesting on the V-Star was the really low RPM of max TQ & HP... it must be fun to ride with all that TQ down so low. :)

·
Legal!
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i wasnt into it at first wasnt the same...but now i think im getting more used to it!!! HAHAHA that star is sooooo damn pansie....mom had me take it for a spin and i just laughed the whole ride...i guess for her its good but it felt almost like a toy... she likes it though! and the tourque....didnt do much for me..:mopedlol

·
Registered
276 Posts
the vstart 650 is a very boring bike but great bike for starters. dont let her upgrade to the 11 make her go to the 1300. if she gets a new one

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
It looks like a little over 3000 RPM's
maximum torque is reached at only 3000 rpm
I don't think that can be the redline... all it's saying it will reach maximum torque at 3000 rpm... a lot of engines can reach maximum torque at much lower rpm than its actual redline. Plus 3000-4000 rpm redlines seem way too low for any bike engine I've seen... :dunno

·
time in a bottle
1,349 Posts
I don't think that can be the redline... all it's saying it will reach maximum torque at 3000 rpm... a lot of engines can reach maximum torque at much lower rpm than its actual redline. Plus 3000-4000 rpm redlines seem way too low for any bike engine I've seen... :dunno
I agree . I'm thinking the bike hits the rev limiter at just over seven thousand rpm

·
Registered
3,003 Posts

·
Legal!
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
:lmao yea i actually had it set at 3k rpms !! thanks you guys so so so much!! im going to have her have it changed!! didnt quite seem right to me either but i mean i didnt ahve anything to go on.. thanks VALE i owe you one bro!!! :thumbup

I agree . I'm thinking the bike hits the rev limiter at just over seven thousand rpm
:thumbup thanks bro!!!

·
mod impersonator
3,221 Posts
just crank her till you hear wierd pinging noises then crank it a bit more, then shift:crash

1 - 14 of 14 Posts