Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been completed :)

vBulletin 3.6.8 Patch Level 2

This release is a patch to 3.6.8 to fix a security issue reported to us within the WYSIWYG editor for Firefox. Only 3.6.8 is affected by this issue. The only changes in this release are for this security issue, fixes for 3.6.8 Patch Level 1 are also included with the patch.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They never reveal the issue specifically, just the fix for it. I assume this is to keep the issue a secrete as much as they can for those people that don't upgrade too often.

Just a heads up though, the next release i scheduled for a few weeks out and it will be a large upgrade. There are rumors to many advanced features for social networking. (mini myspace I call it) I will run this on a test site and see how well it performs first. As with any large makeover there will be bugs so I will post up the test site when it's released and completed.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
:thumbup :cool

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
I only know about there being a bug for FF and how it uploaded spell checker stuff to some sites as the vulnerability. It doesn't affect IE because of IE's hacked version of code. I don't dig into them too much, only to get an idea and a simple understanding of what they fixed. Personally, I don't like to update just for the sake of updating. I like to know what each upgrade does, which I assume you are doing as well. :thumbup

On the updates, if there's going to be a downtime, can you put a sticky up a few days prior to give us a heads up please?

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Normally the upgrades only require less then 10 minutes of downtime, often times there is no downtime at all. If downtime is required I do this in the middle of the night or another time when the user count is low.

If any downtime is required, I will for sure post up though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts