Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now I know why the 2007 has no low end power, the throttle valves will only open 60% at full throttle until 7000 rpm, and the power commander is not tunable at 6750 or lower at full throttle. :mad wee

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
now, how to eliminate the sensor restricting the throttle valves. im getting a clue.:rofl wee

·
mod impersonator
3,221 Posts
gotta trick the bike into thinking itsw in 6th gear...they make something like that for the zx-14 already

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Well they help a bunch as well..... the main reason I bought the wheels was for the appearance, I had no idea what a difference it made with handling until after I had them on the bike of course. Knowing this I will always have lighter wheels on my bikes. It's amazing!

As for making the bike run like a rapped ape..... the wheels have nothing to do with that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i dont think that having them up open anymore below that rpm would help. its all in ecm, but i dont think bike would repond too well. but i guess i would need to see it on dyno and see what duty cycle is on the injectors at that rpm and throttle position. i know its there to help driveability. i think some cam timing changes and little more compression would help. id like to stick set of lectron carbs on one and see what it does. the prostock motorcycles are allowed FI starting last year i think, but all teams(cept for harleys and buells) but no teams are using the FI as carbs work better on 60fts which is key to there ETs. the FI does make more top end HP, but it cant overcome the deficieny of slower 60fts. but they still need alot of R&D with them.

·
APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
2,173 Posts
1longR1 - Why lectron carbs and not keihin flat slides? I know the lectrons are real popular on some of the older flat track bikes to but I have never messed with em. So really just asking out of curiosity.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey man your on the wrong track.....

All you need is a full system, PCIII, -1 on the front and the thing is a rocket ship that should not be on the street.

:)

Trust me!

p.s. There is no need to do anything else. :)
+1, after i got my full system on i beat my friends 10R (with full exhaust too) from the bottom till top with ease :yes
Not even a fair fight, SOOO different ballpark!
And haven´t seen many complaining about Kwaks low end ;)

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
+1, after i got my full system on i beat my friends 10R (with full exhaust too) from the bottom till top with ease :yes
Not even a fair fight, SOOO different ballpark!
And haven´t seen many complaining about Kwaks low end ;)

hey bro do u have a bigger pic of ur avatar?

·
Registered
20 Posts
lectrons are sweet setup. no real jets in them.. its needle assembly and adjustable. it would make more power with them, but it wouldnt be as streetable. lectron suck on street. but just tweaking and tuning on them would be easier than jetting set of flatslides. but either would work

·
IC2(SW)
85 Posts
lectron suck on street.
Lectrons rock! I ran them on the street for years on my RD's. Really like how you adjusted them, metering rod wise. Power jet was kinda cool too...
Always wondered what they would be like on a 4 stroke. Probably would have thrown them on my old GPz900r, If I had throttle cables sitting around.

·
Registered
20 Posts
dont get me wrong.. i love them.. u just have to drive them a little differently on street. they can be streetable..but takes little getting use to. they do work! just normal people try to ride bike on street with them and its little erratic.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts