Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you already know, after my recent trip I've decided to take on another style of riding and sold the R1. Over the last 3 months I've been researching all the ADV bikes. Anyhow, I haven't made up my mind yet but the Vstrom is a stong contender ( as well as the 2008 KLR 650, BMW f650gs, and a few others). So I thought I'd share a few picts of it in action.

·
R1F Outcast!!
5,948 Posts
Looks like fun bro but..............I think I will need a couple more pics to help you decide!! :mock:lol

·
STRAIGHT ROADS SUCK
2,704 Posts
Very cool pics. Good luck on choosing the one your going to purchase.

Oh and I think you just passed Bogie on posting Pictures. :lmao

Ride safe.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:rofl:rofl

thought about a triumph tiger? or a ktm?

Both have interesting bikes and the KTM makes a fine adv bike and I have given them some consideration. They are very cool.

Some of the main issues with choosing an adv bike (for myself at least), is total cost of the bike and the adv set up ( luggage/racks, crash guards, skid plate, heated grips, etc.), but also it has to be very easy to find parts while on the road, have a reliable reputation and be suitable on the highway( to get me home and back on time) and decent in the semi-rough stuff. All things considered its a tough decision. I'm in no big hurry, so I enjoy reading all the stuff over on the adv boards and gathering information. I've never done so much research on getting a new bike in my life...lol...

Very cool pics. Good luck on choosing the one your going to purchase.

Oh and I think you just passed Bogie on posting Pictures. :lmao

Thanks, I'll need alittle luck...lol...and there is no chance of me passing Bogie in the picture department, thats his title and I don't think anyone will take it from him:workout:lol

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Wow your trip looks awesome fun! :thumbup

And that jump looks fun... :mrgreen

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
Do some more research on the Vstrom Shawn. One of my friends up here bought an '07 and he has serious problems with it stalling, cutting out, and lack of power. I've heard of a couple of other people having bad luck as well. but, it could be luck of the draw with the models.

V-strom would be cool if you're doing more highway riding. I plan on more firetrails, dirt roads, etc. So, I'm still leaning towards a 650 or WR450F that's made street legal.

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
Few minutes? Sheesh... What are you on for 'net connection? My mobile broadband loaded it in under 1. :mock

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Do some more research on the Vstrom Shawn. One of my friends up here bought an '07 and he has serious problems with it stalling, cutting out, and lack of power. I've heard of a couple of other people having bad luck as well. but, it could be luck of the draw with the models.

V-strom would be cool if you're doing more highway riding. I plan on more firetrails, dirt roads, etc. So, I'm still leaning towards a 650 or WR450F that's made street legal.

Hey Shawn, Thanks for the heads up, from what Ive read, I think your refering to the Vstrom 1000, the 06 and 07 had those issues for sure.

I'm only interested in the vstrom 650...smaller, lighter, very off roadable, and totally bullet proof. So far I've have found no issues with it on any of the boards, and lots of bikes with 40,000+ miles. Its looking very good so far. 6300 OTD here local...not bad. I'm far from a final decision though....

Great thread, the only thing I could ask is to not put so many in one post... lol With 50+ images at imageshack... it takes a few minutes for this thread to load... :lmao

Great pics though...

sorry, I resized them to keep it within reason....I'll do better next time and only post a few.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts