Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
7c Forever
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes sir.

You remember that ad from the 80's? Yamaha put it out for the Banshee "Our 2 year old does nothing but scream!?"

·
mod impersonator
3,221 Posts
love that noise

jray02r1
jesse

·
Major Member
2,244 Posts
yes sir.

You remember that ad from the 80's? Yamaha put it out for the Banshee "Our 2 year old does nothing but scream!?"

yep....such a bitchin bike. of course, you know what i want to do with that motor....TZ chassis :)

·
7c Forever
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep....such a bitchin bike. of course, you know what i want to do with that motor....TZ chassis :)
rock and roll.

It blows me away how much power potential that motor has, for what it is. I mean technology wise, it's a long ways from cutting edge, it's like 3-4 major generations behind the new stuff, like comparing a flathead ford to a supercharged 5.4l out of a GT.

But it still puts out just as much specific power as the new stuff, or atleast is capable of it in the right tune. Absolutly incredible.

·
APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
2,173 Posts
Awesome engines.........Big Huge WIDE sleds though. My buddies Uncle has one of those sitting in his shed that still looks like the day it came off the show room floor.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Those Vmax 4 were the shit at times, a bit slow on the start but they would do 115 mph on top, stock!! No other sled will ever sound like that!! Some dudes still used them in drag racing on the big high mod class, and are winning races.

·
7c Forever
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Those Vmax 4 were the shit at times, a bit slow on the start but they would do 115 mph on top, stock!! No other sled will ever sound like that!! Some dudes still used them in drag racing on the big high mod class, and are winning races.
yea, still very successfull in the open mod classes. 15 years down the line. Gotta love that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts