Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been comparing prices on a few of the bikes i'm interested in by email with a half dozen shops that are reasonable distances from my home. Its amazing how much leg work and phone time you can save by just forwarding the quotes back and forth to the salesmen at different dealers to get them to outbid each other. I'll post up the results when they finish coming in. Just a heads up so when your in the market.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are you really getting alot of good deals offer:dunno

When its all done, I'll copy and paste the emails. But for the 2008 KLR and the 2008 vstrom, I've gotten some pretty good quotes.
The base price on the Vstrom is $6,699. add to that the tax $435.00, prep $75.00, 15.00 title, tag 10.50..=$7234 out the door, this was the starting price at one dealer ( Andrews)
So far the lowest dealer has got me at exactly $6,300 out the door with a 50% discount on any accessories I buy there. However, I already have one other dealer that said he can beat that, he'll crunch the numbers and let me know by how much. Along with that I still have 3 other dealers that I just forwarded it too. Who knows...I'll have to wait and see how it goes...lol...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lots of pics required when you make a purchase bro!! :thumbup

I will, for sure.....I'm in no hurry though and i'm just getting the prices I need to help decide...I wonder if I make the dealers wait till the week after christmas...they might be inclined to neg. even more? I don't know.....

I had to tell a salesman earlier this week at Extreme Honda to get the fcuk away from me....he wouldnt leave us alone even after I asked him nicely 3 times.

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Do this with cars also, but you have to be ready to purchase. there have been articles about this online for a while. Dealers don't mind it as there is no haggling or talking at the dealership, you come in and pay and leave.

·
4rum OG #8
508 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I will try this when i get my husky. I only have one husky dealer in my city, maybe i'll expand to a 400 mile radius.

·
Registered
83 Posts
When i bought my first bike i got like 5 different quotes... one place wanted a grand more than everybody else because it came with this "sweet package" which included a free oil change and a $250 credit to the store. I called up another dealership and told them what they said and laughed hysterically and hooked it up big time! i'm definitely going to that dealership in january when the '08s come out!!

so it definitely does help to shop around and tell them other offers you found because it's almost a guarantee that they will drop the price!! (and possibly get a chuckle out of it :))

·
doomsday machine
1,751 Posts
IC Motorsports :thumbup

Rod is the man!! :bow
Been over there a few times for a couple things, lately been eyeing a 250 for the wife. Locally, I refuse to give Brenny's or Fun Mart any more business...they both pissed me off bigtime. :mrgreen Good to know the guys over there are decent. :thumbup

1 - 20 of 23 Posts