Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this "how to" on a site while trying to make a better google vid. This guy takes a video, converts it to a youtube standard (.flv), then puts the vid in a hexeditor and edits some of the info. It then tricks youtube into not changing the bitrates and stuff. But check out how good this comes out. Especially around the 35 second mark and on. I'm trying to learn this myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34tQi8HIpsA

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Nice... but you think YouTube will find a way to prevent this soon? :dunno

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice... but you think YouTube will find a way to prevent this soon? :dunno
I hope not. I do notice that if you convert the video yourself as a .flv and upload it, it appears pretty quickly because youtube doesn't have to convert it.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I hope not. I do notice that if you convert the video yourself as a .flv and upload it, it appears pretty quickly because youtube doesn't have to convert it.
Yeah, I "took" :lol a few videos from YouTube and uploaded it to my own account, they appear really quick, almost instantly. But I think it's different during different time of the day.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
damn that was good quality

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I "took" :lol a few videos from YouTube and uploaded it to my own account, they appear really quick, almost instantly. But I think it's different during different time of the day.
What kills me is how people figure this stuff out. Next time I see a fat guy with tape on his glasses I'm going to shake his hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts