Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Anti Post Whore
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walked outside my house earlier to head up to the folks house, and then come back and do some post whoring. When I see this on my truck: Only have liability cause of the trucks age, so I have to fork out $$$ for a new window..:mad

Attachments

·
Anti Post Whore
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a large bolt in the bed. No clue who did it. I have been parking it on the street since I bought a Suburban a couple months ago.(no room for both)

I just got a quote for $360 not including new rubber, which it needs since it's the original and hard as a rock...

·
Anti Post Whore
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't get mad but...maybe your neighbors are tired to see an old ass rusty truck in front of their houses. :r1lover

j/k
I thought the same thing, but I'm out on a main road, not in front of our houses.

But I have had the cops called on it before cause a guy didn't want to see it. He reported it as abandoned. :nono I poured rice on his front lawn to get even... The lawn mower won't pick it up and a blower doesn't do squat....:mrgreen

·
Major Member
2,244 Posts
Sounds like the McCoys and Hatsfields....

And he just put the ball in your court.

That sucks, Tony. Hope you find who did it.

Prints on the bolt?

·
Anti Post Whore
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found a used window in Oceanside for $45. Gonna have my dad go pick it up for me so I don't miss work. Hopefully the rubber is still pliable enough to mount a new window. Otherwise it's another $45. Never put in a window before this should be fun!

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
What is that? Looks like an old Dodge.

As to rear window glass, it's really pretty easy. Take your time, and I would say buy the new window seal rubber.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Sweet, once you get it out.... take a fine cotton cord, soap it up really well, put it in the rubber, set the bottom of the glass in the truck and have someone push on the outside of the window... follow this by pulling the cord out as you go (from the inside) this will pull out the rubber around and over the lip. Presto... have a beer and your done.

·
Anti Post Whore
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is that? Looks like an old Dodge.
68 GMC 3/4 ton. been in the family for over 30 years.

Sweet, once you get it out.... take a fine cotton cord, soap it up really well, put it in the rubber, set the bottom of the glass in the truck and have someone push on the outside of the window... follow this by pulling the cord out as you go (from the inside) this will pull out the rubber around and over the lip. Presto... have a beer and your done.
I've heard that before, Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Damn, that's suck, must be some punks got nothing better to do... :shoot

Or maybe someone playing baseball around your place? :dunno

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
68 GMC 3/4 ton. been in the family for over 30 years.

:thumbup

Congrats. I'd love to get a project truck like that again, don't have time or resources for it at the moment though. Have a house to finish so we can move in a couple of years.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Check a junk yard

·
4rum OG #8
508 Posts
Get a sheet of polycarbonate cut out to your window size and install that! Let's see them break that! :rofl Prob cost you more than $50 tho.

·
Registered
162 Posts
spell out "ASSHOLE" in his front yard with Roundup.
:lol

Damn that Sux...

I've had that happen to me too about 2 years ago..
However they stole My Subz , Ampz and TV as well....
so looks like you made out pretty well!

:mad
i had someone a few yrs back steal my radio, they took there sweet ass time because they left a beer and cigarettes in the front seat as a souvenir

1 - 20 of 23 Posts