Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
Here's something interesting:

Rossi on Wikipedia

In his autobiography "What If I Had Never Tried It", Rossi makes a number of claims about the reasons for his rivalry with Biaggi, and some of the incidents which led to its escalation.

Rossi largely blames the media and their desire to publicise a rivalry between the pair for the eventual severity of the rivalry. Any quotes that the media got out of the pair were twisted and made to seem far more serious and insulting than they had been meant. Rossi also says that he is simply too honest. He had merely disagreed with the claims Biaggi made about why he wasn't winning races - Biaggi blamed the bike, the tyres, the engine, and Rossi felt that Biaggi should have accepted that sometimes he was the one at fault. They simply have very different outlooks on motorcycle racing, dealing with the media, and life in general.

Rossi might be a good racer, but to me he's become very much of a spoiled and whiny little piss-ant bitch.

·
APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
2,173 Posts
"I will speak to the (Yamaha) Japanese guys, but I'm Valentino Rossi so it doesn't feel right that I should race with the slowest bike that breaks down too. We've seen today Pedrosa and Honda, so if we don't make a move the tyres are not enough.
"We could have done without this, because I deserved to get three or four points and get second. For sure it wasn't me losing second place but it was lost by Yamaha."

WTF - That is quite possibly the worst interview I have ever read with Rossi. I am a Yamaha fan for sure, but WTF is Rossi thinking....theres no I in Team, he needs to get his head out of his ass.

·
STRAIGHT ROADS SUCK
2,704 Posts
The bike needs work, but it seems Rossi is not as motivated as he was previously was.

Of course having several championships and a season of poor bike performance will tend to make a person lose motivation IMO.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
74 Posts
maybe he's been reading some of his own fan sites so much that he actually believes that whenever he does good, it's because of him, but if he does bad, it's the bike / tires / engine / someone else is faster and must be running an illegal bike , line of poo poo.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Text from that link

Yamaha boss Davide Brivio has apologised to Valentino Rossi for the Japanese manufacturers' poor 2007 MotoGP season.
Yamaha were no match for rivals Ducati for most of the season, and the Italian marque's rider Casey Stoner dominated the championship with 10 victories.
Rossi, who only needed one point in the season finale at Valencia to secure the runner-up spot, went on to finish in third place in the championship after retiring with a mechanical problem from Sunday's race.
The Italian's exit, together with Honda's Dani Pedrosa victory, left the seven-time champion in his worst championship position since 1997.
Rossi, who raced with a broken hand at Valencia following a crash on Saturday, was furious with Yamaha after the race.
Brivio apologised to the Italian and admitted the team will have to work hard during the winter.
"We must apologize to Valentino," Brivio told Gazzetta dello Sport. "Throughout the season we have always analyzed the season in a clear-headed way.
"It's obvious that in 2007 we've had problems with the performance of the engine and tyres. All of this can, in fact must, become a stimulus for our engineers.
"During the year we were unable to quickly improve the performance of the engine. We have a big job to do at home during the winter.
"To have Valentino Rossi in the team puts enormous pressure on us, and to support him we must put the maximum effort in. We did not hide behind Michelin problems, even when we could have done so."

·
Motha Russia
1,424 Posts
Here's something interesting:
He had merely disagreed with the claims Biaggi made about why he wasn't winning races - Biaggi blamed the bike, the tyres, the engine, and Rossi felt that Biaggi should have accepted that sometimes he was the one at fault.

That is some bad karma :lmao

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
i would say i'm with rossi on this that yamaha really sucked it up with the bike, but so did hte tire company. I think rossi should accept some of the blame though, but for sure it looks like yamaha and rossi will be parting ways as soon as they can.

·
Registered
20 Posts
gotta remember when rossi went to yamaha...slowest bike and honda was dominating. but even with that he won. so i too think maybe he doesnt have drive sometimes. tho with broke motors and such, i can see how it would get u down and worry about riding bike past limit, it break and not finish race. hes smart, he doesnt like to loose. if yamaha gives him little hope with bike next year, i see him tearing it up and winning some races. tho that damn Duc may not let him win much.

·
7c Forever
3,285 Posts
tho with broke motors and such, i can see how it would get u down and worry about riding bike past limit, it break and not finish race.
Maybe if he'd worry about his job as a rider, and not about doing the bike/tire engineers jobs, he wouldn't have these problems :shrug

·
Major Member
2,244 Posts
I won't go that far..... Next year will be the real test imo.... if he fails to be up top then I would agree.
i'm just talking about what people think about him....

he was always the "happy go lucky" fun guy in the pits, always laughing in the face of adversity and basically carrying on like he didn't have a care in the world. people loved him, he loved his fans, everything was right in the world.

then things get a little tough.

the whining and finger-pointing is going to lose him support, fans, and possibly another chance at the title.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts