1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MotoGP: Rossi to Race on Bridgestones
11/5/2007
Courtesy of Fiat Yamaha

Following the conclusion of the 2007 season, Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd and Yamaha Motor Racing are pleased to be able to confirm the final line-up of their 2008 Factory Team.

Seven-time World Champion Valentino Rossi and two time 250cc World Champion Jorge Lorenzo will contest the 2008 MotoGP World Championship as teammates in the Fiat Yamaha Team.

Yamaha can also confirm its plan to run Valentino Rossi on Bridgestone tires in 2008, while Jorge Lorenzo will be racing with Michelin tires.

In order to facilitate the use of both Michelin tires and Bridgestone tires within the Yamaha Factory Team and to ensure confidentiality of data for each tire company, Yamaha will organize separate rider pit boxes, but the Fiat Yamaha Team will continue to operate and race as one team.

As a consequence, the organization of the Team for 2008 will be as altered. The full-size flowchart can be downloaded from www.yamaha-racing.com.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=5526&Page=1

·
My R1 makes me HORNY!!
460 Posts
In order to facilitate the use of both Michelin tires and Bridgestone tires within the Yamaha Factory Team and to ensure confidentiality of data for each tire company, Yamaha will organize separate rider pit boxes, but the Fiat Yamaha Team will continue to operate and race as one team.
Sounds messy eh.
Anyone know why they didn't just put both riders on Bridgestones?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds messy eh.

cuz, yamaha has been using michellins for like forever, but rossi thinks that thats the reason why he loss the championship this yr.

:secret:
p.s.Repsol Honda team and michelin together again for 2008

·
My R1 makes me HORNY!!
460 Posts
cuz, yamaha has been using michellins for like forever, but rossi thinks that thats the reason why he loss the championship this yr.

:secret:
p.s.Repsol Honda team and michelin together again for 2008
Fair enough, so they're saving face in a way hey.

Ol' Rossi must have really thrown his toys around. That being said though he did have a few issues with his tyres this season, but I think he had more issues with his bike (mechanically).

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I think he made a right choice, we'll all find out for sure in a few months... :corn

·
STRAIGHT ROADS SUCK
2,704 Posts
Better tires won't mean anything if Yamaha can't get the bike to last the entire race.

Need the complete package of bike, tires, rider to win championships. Rossi can do more than most with an under performing bike, but it is out of his hands once the bike stops running.

Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
I think the Tire thing is more of a cover up for Rossi not wanting Lorenzo too close to him.... now he gets a separate pit Box as well. Makes you wonder!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Sounds messy eh.
I think the Tire thing is more of a cover up for Rossi not wanting Lorenzo too close to him.... now he gets a separate pit Box as well. Makes you wonder!
Yamaha 2008's Team Structure :corn

·
Major Member
2,244 Posts
That's one hell of an interesting way of looking at it....

Val better be ready for when/if Lorenzo finishes ahead of him in a race on Michelins.....the press will be brutal, no doubt.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I love that Rossi's team has a "Valentino Rossi" and Lorenzo's team has a "Valentino Negri" maybe they'll add a Valentino Verdi, Valentino Marroni, Valentino Bianci, etc.

:p

·
Major Member
2,244 Posts
I love that Rossi's team has a "Valentino Rossi" and Lorenzo's team has a "Valentino Negri" maybe they'll add a Valentino Verdi, Valentino Marroni, Valentino Bianci, etc.

:p
What's more.....

GARY COLEMAN is working on Valentino's bike. Might explain the lack of results this year....:rofl :rofl

·
Registered
74 Posts
What's more.....

GARY COLEMAN is working on Valentino's bike. Might explain the lack of results this year....:rofl :rofl
:nono no no , that would be a benefit. I heard he can work on that thing for hours on end and never get tired from having to bend over or kneel down.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts