Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across riderdown.org this morning, and thought I'd pass it along. I haven't had a chance to dig into it very much, but so far I like the idea and it's concept. It appears to be for off-road and ATV riders only. I'm not sure if there's an equal organization for roadracers and street riders. I'll be donating some money to help out.

Thumpertalk is doing a big holiday fundraising effort, which is very cool. Hopefully they can meet their goal. :yes

Here's their mission statement:

http://www.riderdown.org/forum/index.php?page=mission

The RiderDown Foundation

is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping responsible off road motorcyclists and ATV racers who have been injured while riding. Proceeds are used to provide assistance to the riders and their families when faced with medical expenses and related issues.

WE NEED YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT.
Some of your fellow riders have created an organization to help injured riders. We have been reading too many stories of fellow riders taking some bad spills which in some cases require real down time for them and their families. Most of us have been supportive with our kind words, thoughts and prayers.

We want to take it a step further by being a group who can help out with financial and personal assistance. This will not be an easy task but one at which we are committed to even though it will take an incredible amount of effort, time and resources. We also know we will not be alone in this meaningful endeavor. With your support and volunteerism we will be able to give back something to each other and to the sport that we have grown to love and enjoy for most of our lives.

We have merchandise available which can be purchased to show your support and assist in the actual fund raising for this compassionate cause. Details on how to participate and donate can be found in the Get Involved link.

We will be taking our mission to the industry as a whole and attend races and events where people can visit our RiderDown.org tent and learn how they too can help and potentially receive help. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to tell you about this labor of love. We truly hope you will join us in this worthwhile cause.

Sincerely,

The RiderDown Family [/i[

·
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumbup

I think it's a great idea to help out with stuff like this.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Actually I started working on something like this for street bikers but never had the time to finish it. Jeff (nsdq) from the r1f and I got together after Kelly Brown Died and were going to do up a site like that. I need to get back on that idea when I get time....
Great idea, Get-R-Done... :poke :whip

:mrgreen

·
Registered
113 Posts
Man, I'm so glad you posted this....the adv forum has a gear auction all the time and the proceeds go to rider down. I've bought stuff in the adv classifieds that the sellers want the funds paypaled to the foundation instead of accepting payment. Its a wonderful idea. I'd love to see it get up and running with a street rider section as well. very cool

·
Registered
113 Posts
Have you guys read how the foundation got started? Read what happend to his son on the riders page ( I think thats where it was)

·
time in a bottle
1,349 Posts
so what are we talking about here auctioning stuff off to raise money for riderdown or some other thing. I have some motorcycle stuff to auction off for a good cause.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Actually I started working on something like this for street bikers but never had the time to finish it. Jeff (nsdq) from the r1f and I got together after Kelly Brown Died and were going to do up a site like that. I need to get back on that idea when I get time....
There used to be the Wegman Fund, but I think they went away. Now the fund for racers is The Red Flag fund, I've seen it on other forums and in magazines. I don't believe there is anything out there for street riders... It would be a great idea :yes

·
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so what are we talking about here auctioning stuff off to raise money for riderdown or some other thing. I have some motorcycle stuff to auction off for a good cause.
No auctions that I'm aware of, just straight donations or purchases to support the organization. It's an organization meant to help off-road motorcyclists.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts