Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've been having a reoccurring issue with some identity theft/fraud and have had to deal with a collection agency. Being that, for the most part, they are complete asshats (I'm sure they've heard every story in the book), I've decided to start recording my calls with them.

I use Skype to make these calls from my computer, and this software (http://www.freecorder.com) to record the calls. It is compatible with skype, and free. It saves the calls to your HD in wav format. The only thing is, it's only good for 2 mins of calling at a time and you need to upgrade to get the unlimited verson ($19). Well worth it IMO.

Just an FYI for those that might find this useful :muahaha

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://www.4lifelock.com/

They insure you against Identity Theft for up to 1 million..

Thanks Rinn, I'll check them out in the future. But, because of this
Our industry-exclusive $1,000,000 guarantee against any losses resulting from the theft of your Identity that you may incur while our client.
I wasn't their client back in 2000 :whip

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
for future insurance though.. :mrgreen

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
just make sure it's legal in your state. Most only require one of the parties to know about it, but some require both parties to know about it and if so the min you drop that as proof they drop you to jail or a lawsuit.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just make sure it's legal in your state. Most only require one of the parties to know about it, but some require both parties to know about it and if so the min you drop that as proof they drop you to jail or a lawsuit.
true, but if it ever came to a lawsuit I'd rather have the proof than have not. Plus, in most cases, before you get on the call they say "this call may be monitored or recorded to ensure customer service...." yea, BY ME :rofl:rofl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts