Yamaha Powersport Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2007 r6 thats idled rough for quite some time but recently will stall and die on me at red lights. It runs kind of smooth between 150-190ish but especially on the hotter end the bike is unhappy. I have replaced the air filter, the fuel filter, fuel pump, ran sea foam through her, checked the injectors for proper resistance, checked coils, replaced the spark plugs, synced the throttle bodies, and most recently adjusted the valves. All of this has yielded me very little in results. The bike just hit 40k miles and the only power mod that’s been done that I know of is a full yoshimura exhaust. While I’m sure it needs a tune I don’t know that not having a tune is what’s causing this issue and I’d rather not spend the money just for the issue to not be remedied. I’ve also heard that this exhaust doesn’t have enough back pressure for the bike to run smoothly but when I cover the exhaust port to artificially increase the pressure the bike runs exactly the same. I’m just trying to see if someone has any more suggestions before I bite the bullet and take it to a shop. Thanks in advance!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts