Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on having a product review area(s)? Would be nice to have things related to our passions that's not exactly for the bikes such as gear, stands, tools, etc.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Yeah this one of the things we will be adding very soon. :)

·
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumbup

If possible, any chance of breaking it down by section Val? Off-road, track, snowmobile, etc...

·
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No worries R1Lover. Just looking at write-ups etc. Have a few parts to install on my MX bikes is all. ;)

·
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yep, saw the mech sections in each area. Very cool, and I like. Thanks.

What I was referring to more was more along the lines of gear, items, services, etc. Broken down by section.

For example, the parts I have to install on my YZ450F I'd write a review of them. Nothing too technical, just a quick overview of the product and whether I think it's a worthwhile product/service for the money spent.

The review of these parts/services/etc would be in the Off-road/MX section. Same for if I, or someone else were to do a writeup on an MX helmet or work stand. If someone were to do a writeup on a gear indicator, pitbull stand or tire warmers, that would go in a "street" or "track" section.

This might be a bit more work than you'd like to get into right now. But I think it'd be worthwhile. TT started something like this recently, and it's a pretty cool idea IMO. Might help eliminate some of those "what do you think about...." threads where people can search and see all the reviews.

Here's TT's review section:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Ya I hear ya, I think for now maybe we could sticky them and in time we can add more sub forums I think... but for now I'm thinking we need to wait and get some more members in those sections and then it will be justified for sure.

The search engines seem to be taking there sweet time hitting the site in order to pull in those other members. :) I knew you would have some good stuff for that section though... awesome!

·
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After this weekend, I'll most likely be tearing down my bikes for end of season maintenance, repair, etc. I'll try and document a lot of the procedures, and pics for the Mech sections. Product reviews I can do partially, but given it's damn near winter here, won't be able to do much of a review on some of them aside from install stuff.

That is unless I decide to ride the indoor MX track that opened up near me (45 minutes away). Downside is all the salt and I have an open trailer, so no go once they salt the roads.

I'll add as I go, and then we can sort it out later. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts