Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making a collage for the front of our price book or a literature book we are going to send out... Any photoshop people and anyone else let me know what you think and any criticism on it I want all opinions before I spend money to have this printed out.

I'll feather the edges when I actually make the cover but what do you think so far

Setup how it will eventually look but right now I am working on the collage itself

·
Registered
187 Posts
It looks confusing, especially in the middle of the page. It seems like the different objects need more separation of some type.

BTW.....I'm no expert.....it's just my opinion. I don't think it's a photoshop issue as much as I think it's a general layout issue.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks confusing, especially in the middle of the page. It seems like the different objects need more separation of some type.

BTW.....I'm no expert.....it's just my opinion. I don't think it's a photoshop issue as much as I think it's a general layout issue.
as in too busy? Too much to look at with one big bucket in the middle and everything around it?

·
Registered
187 Posts
What's the thing to the left of the bucket? It looks like it's part of the bucket, but doesn't make sense. I would almost get rid of whatever that is altogether; that would make the bucket stand out more and be less confusing. Also, on the lower left, what are you trying to highlight? the blade? IF so, the stuff on the front of that vehicle is drawing attention away from it. If the dirt background from the fork picture to the right of it extended out some more to cover it up, that would look less confusing, too.

Again, I could only be considered a hack amateur at any of this, so take all of this with a grain of salt.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ya the middle left is a Coupler mount it's hard to see I was already doing another to get rid of it.. hahaha Bottom left I was yes going for the Snow Wing think I'll move it to another part of the image..

Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
used some diff equipment in this one.

·
STRAIGHT ROADS SUCK
2,704 Posts
Well this doesn't happen to often so someone better quote this. LOL

I agree with Kmac. It is way too busy. Try reducing the amount of images on the page. Quality trumps quantity. Just pick like 4 of your favorite items and try finding away that makes them work together.

Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is just a small section of the setup...

it's going to look like this with the image.. kinda I did this fast

·
APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
2,173 Posts
I think it looks good but you are cutting off some of the equipment you are trying to show (like the forks and the snow wing) Maybe make some of the pics smaller and keep the equipment you are trying to show centered in each section so that its easier to focus on. Another option would be to make the back ground of each pic B&W and only the equipment you are focusing on color. lemme know if you dont know how to do it and I could give you some pointers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have to agree with the others. The information doesn't sort itself out automatically. The center picture should be obvious and the surrounding pics should be smaller.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well this doesn't happen to often so someone better quote this. LOL

I agree with Kmac. It is way too busy. Try reducing the amount of images on the page. Quality trumps quantity. Just pick like 4 of your favorite items and try finding away that makes them work together.

Ride safe.
:rock

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think it looks good but you are cutting off some of the equipment you are trying to show (like the forks and the snow wing) Maybe make some of the pics smaller and keep the equipment you are trying to show centered in each section so that its easier to focus on. Another option would be to make the back ground of each pic B&W and only the equipment you are focusing on color. lemme know if you dont know how to do it and I could give you some pointers.

That's now a bad idea making the background B/W...

hmmm I kinda know how to do it do you know a easier way?

I have to agree with the others. The information doesn't sort itself out automatically. The center picture should be obvious and the surrounding pics should be smaller.
Thanks.. I'll keep working on it..

·
APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
2,173 Posts
The way I would do it would just be to create a layer (layer by copy) of the actual parts (use the mask tool, makes life easy), and then turn the back ground pic B&W while leaving the new layer with just the part color (rinse and repeat for each one). I would combine this with FH and Belgiums idea over on SBF of making some hard borders with the center pic being a diamond. Should look Tits :thumbup

·
4rum OG #8
508 Posts
I agree the first one looks too busy, but that makes you stare at it and try to figure out what the hell it is :lol. You will not forget that book anytime soon!

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree the first one looks too busy, but that makes you stare at it and try to figure out what the hell it is :lol. You will not forget that book anytime soon!

hahaha.. "Hey Joe where is that Price Book that made me dizzy when I saw it??........... Ah thanks man."

:rofl

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
The first pic, the center part is too big, the second image, the center part isn't center enough...

Maybe it's a little busy, try making it a bit more simple...

:dunno

·
Registered
74 Posts
No offense , but if I were going to look at a catalog and it said " blah blah blah " all over the cover , I wouldn't buy it.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No offense , but if I were going to look at a catalog and it said " blah blah blah " all over the cover , I wouldn't buy it.

Oh come one... blah blah blah is how you market these days... It works trust me.. :yes :yes :laugh

1 - 20 of 22 Posts