Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Here are the stats from Ducati. Yea yea, I know about the "well you could spend $5,000 on a GSR1ZX and smoke it" argument...just like you could buy a corvette that out accelerates a Ferrari. At the end of the day, you buy it because it is a Ducati. And a sweet bike it is :eek:h

For 2008, the Superbike family features two important additions: the introduction of a mid-engine size version, the light and nimble 848, and an extreme racing version for all those who demand the maximum performance, the 1098 R; which will take part in the 2008 World Superbike Championship.

The new 848 enjoys all the performance advancements of the entire Superbike family, while adding its own innovations to redefine the middleweight sport bike class. The words ‘agile’ and ‘refined’ aptly describe the 848. At 168kg (369lbs) the 848 is an amazing 20kg (44lbs) lighter than its predecessor, and a significant 5kg (11lbs) lighter than its larger capacity brother, the 1098.

The highly advanced 848 engine uses an improved method of engine case production in which cases are vacuum die-cast formed. While providing significant weight savings of more than 6.5lbs, this method also ensures consistent wall thickness and increased strength. Further refinements include a sophisticated wet clutch that offers 2.2lbs less weight, a much longer service interval, improved clutch feel and quiet operation. With the first twist of the wrist, the powerful rush of the Testastretta Evoluzione engine confirms that the rules have changed. The 848’s 134hp is not only 30% more powerful than its predecessor, but it provides a power-to-weight ratio even better than the potent 999. The 2008 848 Superbike will be available in both Red and Pearl White, with an MSRP of $12,995

The new 1098 R is the most powerful and lightest twin-cylinder bike ever produced by the Borgo Panigale factory, with the highest torque/weight ratio of any sport bike available. A total of 180hp is on tap for this new Superbike, together with an amazing torque value of 100 lb/ft. The weight figure also confirms the racing origins of the 1098 R: 364 lbs puts the bike at the forefront of this category. The 1098 R is supplied with a racing kit for track use. This is made up of a pair of “102dB” carbon mufflers and dedicated ECU, which boost the already exceptional performance of this new twin-cylinder Ducati. With this kit the rider can also activate dialog between the ECU and the DTC (Ducati Traction Control) system, which is fitted to a production bike for the first time ever. The racing kit will also boost power output to 186 bhp. The 1098 R will be available in a Red Monoposto configuration, with an MSRP of $39,995.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
very cool... :nannas

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
pretty high price tags.

but, hey its a ducati
and it looks hot

that 1098r is freakin insane :rock

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Such a beautiful machine! :bow

·
Registered
566 Posts
I need a framed quality print of the 1098R for my office . . . would look great opposite the 998R framed print . . . but there doesn't seem to be any out yet :mad

·
Lucky #13
333 Posts
i am seriously debating hardcore for this bike. a nice graduation present to myself.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts