Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Anti Post Whore
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way home from work today, and April my wife calls.

April: "Do you have the Suburban?"(crying)

ME: "No, why would I have it?"

April: "If you don't have it, it's been stolen." (Crying harder now.) "Honey the truck is gone."

Me: "What!!!?"

April: "I came out to leave work and the truck is gone."

So the Suburban I just bought 4 months ago is gone. Without a trace. No broken window, No skid marks, NOTHING!
So if anybody in San Diego county or there about see's a White 2004 Suburban Z71 Lic. # 5ZMN106 Sit on it and call the cops.

BTW it has a "Sportbikeforum.net" sticker on the rear glass.

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
WTF? Hope they catch the thieves!

You're not having the best of luck lately. Hopefully it turns around for you.

·
Anti Post Whore
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, talked to the Onstar people today. Unfortunately for them to track the truck, the program would have had to be active before it was stolen. The tech said the service would be working, but that in order to track the truck the thieves would have to push the button in the burb. I guess the activation isn't completed until the first time it is used.
In other news, the security cameras caught the low life scum in the process of taking the truck. At 2:10 PM three guys got out of a gold colored sedan(with a visible license plate too) and it took the three of 'em 8 minutes to finally drive off with it. Apparently they weren't pros.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Well, talked to the Onstar people today. Unfortunately for them to track the truck, the program would have had to be active before it was stolen. The tech said the service would be working, but that in order to track the truck the thieves would have to push the button in the burb. I guess the activation isn't completed until the first time it is used.
In other news, the security cameras caught the low life scum in the process of taking the truck. At 2:10 PM three guys got out of a gold colored sedan(with a visible license plate too) and it took the three of 'em 8 minutes to finally drive off with it. Apparently they weren't pros.
Well that's some good news.... :)

·
Anti Post Whore
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got a call from San Diego PD last night. The Suburban was recovered! Apparently it was used to transport illegals across the desert. It is a 4X4 ya Know. It was found in Tohono, AZ. out by Phoenix. The PD didn't have much info on damage, but gave me the #s to the local Police, and the towing Co. I called the towers last night. Not much info from them. All four tires are flat, the rims are toast (driven in the desert with flats), cracked windshield, The usual column damage, and then it was mentioned it wouldn't start, and they thought it had tranny damage. Plus the girl on the phone said the paint was scratched from the off road adventure. It was late where they were at, and it had just got to the yard.,The girl said the truck driver had just got there a few minutes before I called.
April has her hopes up that we will get it back, But the earliest somebody can go look at it is Monday. As long as it is structurally sound I'd like to have it back, most all else can be fixed.

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
Unless you don't have full coverage, I wouldn't take it back. That's a lot of damage, and you have no idea to what extent the transmission and engine are damaged. But, good to hear it was recovered.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts