Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Yamaha Majesty scooter with 29,000 miles, and it recently started loosing power. I have changed the drive belt, air filters, checked for fuel problems, and finally took it to the dealer, (where it has been for two months). They checked the clutch ass'y or CVT and found a slight groove worn in the part that grips the belt. They replaced that but the problem persists. It takes a long, long time to get up to speed on level highway and it has no power. Normally my Majesty is the first vehicle away from the light. It is quick and has lots of power. I've cruised @ 75 and 80 mph most of the day on the interstates. Has anyone had any problems such as this? My dealership is completely clueless. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Hons
www.rvwithus.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
Engine missing

Hi folks,

I've got a problem with my Yamaha YP 250 - the engine is missing.
I've been to a mechanic and his first reaction was that the silencer is simply blocked. He didn't have time to repair it but recommended his son, he has a son who owns a motorcycle repair shop. He had a quick look at it and I told him what his father had said. He wasn't sure what it was but mentioned that it might be a good idea to go on an internet forum. The silencer on it is an arrow silencer and he said it was a "post factory" silencer. My guess is that it is simply a blocked silencer. I know that all I need to do is order a silencer, but rather than do that I would like someone else's diagnosis. If anyone has had a similar problem please let me know what you think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
prob a bit late to reply, My mates Yamaha majesty had same issue losing speed over the course of a week or so.

He had all u had done to but no difference.

He then got the clutch skimmed, New Rollers (mallosi)

Drained the fuel pump and tank cleaned through with an additive then refilled with Best Unleaded not Premium unleaded and made a massive difference. Also get them to check your spark plug if even a quarter of a turn to short will effect the performance severly.

Good Luck:scooter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts