Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just though'd I'd let you know that the Motowizard front sprocket cover to suit the 04 -06 R1 will also fit the 2007 model with some minor adjustment. The first thing you need is to extend the cover spacers supplied by at least 5 mm. I used some 7 mm spacers and they gave me 5 mm clearance between the back of the cover and the sprocket shaft. The spacer mean you will also need longer bolts. 5 mm longer should cover it. The final mod I did was to trim the lower corner of the cover so it would fit with my SATO rearsets. It all came up sweet. Thanks to Corey at Motomummy for looking after us on these parts. Pics below -

View attachment 237

View attachment 238

·
R1F Outcast!!
5,948 Posts
Just order my longer bolts today and they will be here Wednesday!! Already trimmed the bottom off to fit!! Gonna look gooooooood!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No worries R1Lover. I wasnt sure what the go was there. Thats cool. Dont forget to get the spacers too Bogie.

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Glad you guys are making it work...labratt you did a hell of a job figuring it out and passing the info along. The manufacturer actually is using your email to us to moch up an 07 r1 model of this :)

Bogie post up a how-to if you would...would help a lot of people.

·
mod impersonator
3,221 Posts
cant believe that theres not already a pic from bogie:lol

jray02r1
jesse

·
mod impersonator
3,221 Posts
still could post up pics from half way thru:lol

jray02r1
jesse

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just though'd I'd let you know that the Motowizard front sprocket cover to suit the 04 -06 R1 will also fit the 2007 model with some minor adjustment. The first thing you need is to extend the cover spacers supplied by at least 5 mm. I used some 7 mm spacers and they gave me 5 mm clearance between the back of the cover and the sprocket shaft. The spacer mean you will also need longer bolts. 5 mm longer should cover it. The final mod I did was to trim the lower corner of the cover so it would fit with my SATO rearsets. It all came up sweet. Thanks to Corey at Motomummy for looking after us on these parts. Pics below -

View attachment 237

View attachment 238
Where are the pics of the Motomummy sprocket cover? Are they planning on making soem for the 07-08 R1 so you dont have to mod it? Can you send me some pics?

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts