Yamaha Powersport Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Moto-Works (Magical Racing) is now selling the new OGK FF5 lids, $380 Plain/$430 Graphics :yes

http://www.moto-works.jp/ogk/index.html

2007 sees the release of the most anticipated helmet in years,The OGK FF-5.This helmet took 3 years of development to produce,and incorporates many unique features and superior design and materials.
Sizing has changed from earlier FF-3 and FF-4 variants,with the FF-5 closer to Arai in size and shape(if you wear an M in Arai for example,please choose FF-5 sized M)Constructiuon and materials have changed considerably from the FF-4,with an all new interior with a feel and comfort that puts this helmet in a class of it own.
The FF-5 carries the Japanese SE safety standard(highest in the world)and also carries the MFJ standard(Motorcycle federation of Japan)which is a race standard that only the highest quality riding gear carries(for example RS Taichi and Kushitani leathers)The FF-5 also carries the FIM standard,which means this helmet is approved for World Superbike and Moto GP racing as well as all FIM approved events.
These Japanese made helmets are crafted to the highest standards in design,construction and innovation,and represent tremendous value for money.The FF-5 is now available exclusively to the international market though Moto-Work.jp

Attachments

·
STRAIGHT ROADS SUCK
2,704 Posts
Coming from you, I was expecting to see the first $1000.00 production helmet. :lol :lmao

Looks good in the pics, and the price is even better. Hopefully they will have them at the Chicago IMS in February and I can check them out in person. I am very picky when it comes to helmet fitment.

Ride safe.

·
Lucky #13
333 Posts
i miss their carbon fiber lids. i really wanted one.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
OGK looks nice, maybe I'll check one out. I've been very pleased with my Shark. The days of the big 3 (Shoei, Arai, Suomy) being the only choice for quality and protection are over...
My brother bought a FF-4 last year, their quality is quite nice, up there with Arai/Shoei among the Japanese manufacturers. Only thing I don't like about OGK is their helmet shape, it does make your head looks very big... :fact :lol If you're a big guy, then I guess it's ok... :mrgreen

·
4rum OG #8
508 Posts
hmm what about noise? is it better then the Rf-1000?
I don't know about AGV but I can tell you that the OGK is WAAAY quieter than my ol arai RX7. If I rode for a while on the freeway with my arai my ears would hurt from the wind noise/ buffeting, I have to wear ear plugs. With the OGK the noise is still there but barely, i don't even notice it actually. My OGK is a tad smaller than the same size in an arai FYI.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really like the new shield ratchet system, the old version could be difficult, kind of like Arai, and the shield pods got scuffed changing shields. With the new shield design it should also be much easier to change shields and much quiter :bow

·
4rum OG #8
508 Posts
I really like the new shield ratchet system, the old version could be difficult, kind of like Arai, and the shield pods got scuffed changing shields. With the new shield design it should also be much easier to change shields and much quiter :bow
Think I might buy a new FF-5 since I don't like to wear my limited everyday.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.