1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mladin Rumored to Be Signing Contract Extension
[SIZE=-1]by dean adams[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]Tuesday, November 06, 2007[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]It's been rumored for more than a week that Suzuki has offered multi-time US Superbike champion Mat Mladin a one year extension on his current contract. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
If he accepts, Mladin would be signed through 2009 on the factory Suuzki team (itself heavily rumored to be sponsored by an energy drink sponsor in 2008).

While his current contract ends at the end of 2008, Mladin stated last year at Daytona that he would race as long as he stayed competitive. As anyone could see this season, Mladin was actually more competitive than he had been the season before. Furthermore, some feel that if the US Superbike finale had been held anywhere else but at Laguna Seca, Mladin would have been crowned champion.

Mladin (35) has raced the US Superbike series since 1996.

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]ENDS[/SIZE]

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Nov/071106b.htm

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He still looks competitive to me. I'm sure he has a couple more good seasons in him.

Ride safe.

i would say that he would still race until ben spies goes over to motogp(if he ever does). ben is the only rider that is at his level IMO.

·
STRAIGHT ROADS SUCK
2,704 Posts
Matt has a great combination of bike, skill, experience in the U.S.

I think Spies MotoGP deal is already done for 09. Probably won't find much in print about it, but I think it one of the conditions was that he stay in AMA another year.

Ride safe.

·
Major Member
2,244 Posts
another year of the mat and ben show....sweet.

maybe hodgson will get up there and challenge 'em......NOT.

·
APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
2,173 Posts
You think its boring now, whats going to happen when Spies leaves and its just Matt all by himself again. Its like watching Ricky and Bubba in MX, need some more competitive riders.

·
STRAIGHT ROADS SUCK
2,704 Posts
You think its boring now, whats going to happen when Spies leaves and its just Matt all by himself again. Its like watching Ricky and Bubba in MX, need some more competitive riders.

Maybe by 09 Mat will have slowed a little due to age, and Yamaha will have a couple years of data built up on the tracks. :sneaky

Hopefully some of the fresher guys in the series will step up to the plate :warning and make things a little more interesting. :jiggy

Ride safe.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe by 09 Mat will have slowed a little due to age, and Yamaha will have a couple years of data built up on the tracks. :sneaky

Hopefully some of the fresher guys in the series will step up to the plate :warning and make things a little more interesting. :jiggy

Ride safe.

:dunno
may be, may be.......

·
7c Forever
3,285 Posts

Ride safe.
tis possible, but I kinda doubt it. Never know how the TC rules will effect shit tho, the skills to ride a bike without TC and with it are completely different.... *cough*StonerToseland*cough*

1 - 10 of 10 Posts