Yamaha Powersport Forums banner
141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
I am just looking for other bikes to showcase on the front page and let the members know that this site is for them.
list updated as of today :hammer

and yes I indulged in more carbon fiber for the relic, still waiting on the CF kickstand and blue alcantara upholstered seat & cowl pad :yahoo

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
My recently finished yzf750/1000
I have always liked the yzf750 especially the SP version, but your fzr1000 conversion is even better. Looks great with the black frame too. My old race shop owner did a few of those conversions, he also did a number of GSXR600 conversions using a GSXR750 engine. Those are great sleeper style conversions because the average rider doesnt catch on looking at them visually.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2004 Yamaha r6

I have a 2004 Yamaha R6 with a micron fiber exhaust. I put HIDs in it, Integrated Tail light, new clutch handles, and new frame sliders. I'm actually looking to sell the exhaust off of it. So if anybody is interested, message me.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
A gem the yanks missed out on

Here is a little taste of what you guys in the U.S. missed out on back in the mid to late 90's.
Remember the 180* crank TDM850 twin from the early 90's you had a taste of for 2 years???
Well here is what the rest of us had as a 2nd generation.
TRX850 utilising a 270* crank and 57Ft/lb -76HP to the rear wheel std weighing in at 209KG with a full tank of fuel.
41mm FCR's and pipes got me to 87HP.
I've made a few changes and have achieved 105HP and 71 Ft/lb to the rear wheel with a healthy 70HP from 5,000rpm to 105 at 8500.
Changes made include Dymag SB5 mags, Ohlins rear and R1 front end with stepped billet trees to give me the same offset and height.( Forks with full racetec internals)
I got the weight down to 187KG and it pulls like a train, handles like dream and stops on a dime.

Motor wise, well the engine number is still the same.
I've built the motor to enhance the torque and midrange that the std motor already has to offer and here are the basics.

Titanium and ceramic coated Akrapovic conical header 2 into 1 system fed by a pair of FCR41's.
1mm oversize valves, ported and flowed with light weight forged Arias 878 12:1 pistons (all internals ceramic coated) and Kent cams / slotted and dialed.
Carillo rods and all balanced and blueprinted driving through a Sigma slipper clutch.
I had a YZF750 sp gearbox to fit into the motor but just couldn't find any YEC shafts to suit so still runs the std 5 speed box.
I'm running an Ignitech TCIP4 fully programable ignition and quickshifter and Dynatek DC-3 coils set up through a relay to shove the full 14.3V from the lithium battery.
I've utilised O2 sensors for tuning so I was quite content with the first dyno run even with the motor running a little lean.
A little tweeking I'll find a little more on the first run at 105HP/71Ft,lb.
These figures are comparable to an R6 weight and HP from the 2006 but with the torque from a Zx10 from the same yr.
Bike was one of the features from practical sports bike magazine Oct2014
Lots of other little extras too numerous its to mention.
I built the motor so each component complimented the next and focused towards plenty of midrange with 63ft/lb at 5,000rpm rising up to 71 at 7,000rpm and flat to 8,000 before starting a slow curve down with 63 Ft/lb at 9,000.
Continues to pull in top till the limiter I've set at 9500 / 150mph.
A true wolf in Sheeps clothing.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Rod's std format 99 model TRX 850 and what I would envisage as if Yamaha had made a SP version.
110-115 RWHP was easily achieved while racing these gems in the 90's with 2mm oversize valves and different cam profiles and pipes.
I've larger 2mm valves waiting to go into a spare motor with some Ross pistons, if only I can find the time to stay out of the saddle..

You can see further TRX"s undressed, yzf 750 converted TRX's and a sigle sided swing arm version in VIEW MY ALBUM on the left.

I was easily matching the R6's 1 minute 06 sec around Lakeside raceway while in std motor/frame format with FCR's and pipes.
I could hold better braking/corner speed but they would get me on the straight again but not any more.
Look forward to my next trackday,
Who needs massive amounts of HP and electronic as R1's and Aprillias now constantly fade in the mirrors through the mountains around home.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where are the two strokes at around here?

Where are the two strokes at around here?
That is all Yamaha had for race bikes until the FZ750 came out....

1984 RZV500R 51X

1991 TZR250RSP 3XV2

141 - 157 of 157 Posts