Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my 450....serves dual purpose as a trail machine in the summer an Ice bike in the winter. 2004 YZF 450, White Brothers exhaust, GYTR Clutch Lever, Axle Blocks, Deans Jet / needle kit.

Attachments

·
APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, No one else has some Yamaha dirt bikes on here that they want to post up?

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
Take your pic:

Wife's '05 TT-R125LE
Son's '05 YZ250F
My '07 YZ450F

So far, I've done the following:

TT-R125LE: JD Jetting kit, air box mod
YZ250F: Zip-Ty racing fuel screw
YZ450F: Zip-Ty racing fuel screw (have many toys to install, just haven't had time)

·
mod impersonator
3,221 Posts
swweeetttt....

jray02r1
jesse

·
R1F Outcast!!
5,948 Posts
Take your pic:

Wife's '05 TT-R125LE
Son's '05 YZ250F
My '07 YZ450F

YZ250F: Zip-Ty racing fuel screw
YZ450F: Zip-Ty racing fuel screw (have many toys to install, just haven't had time)

Damn!! and I thought this was a
penguin free zone!! :lol

:hello Shawn!!

·
mod impersonator
3,221 Posts
i dont even think I still have any pics of my dirtbike:(

damnit...

jray02r1
jesse

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Sorry to disappoint Brian. Just thought I'd check it out, wound up signing up. :mock

Here they are loaded up and ready to hit the track.
Been a while, glad to see you again... :hello

·
APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thats a nice set of bikes FJ, dont think I have ever seen pics of all three. If I might suggest it, you should give a JD (Deans) jet kit a try. He sends you new main jets and two needles of his own design (one for cold weather and one for warm). It made a huge difference in the throttle response on my bike.

Their Tech support is over the top too, call him with any jetting question and he can help you out.
http://www.jdjetting.com/xcart/product.php?productid=44&cat=0&page=1&featured

·
2,843 Posts
Thats a nice set of bikes FJ, dont think I have ever seen pics of all three. If I might suggest it, you should give a JD (Deans) jet kit a try. He sends you new main jets and two needles of his own design (one for cold weather and one for warm). It made a huge difference in the throttle response on my bike.

Their Tech support is over the top too, call him with any jetting question and he can help you out.
http://www.jdjetting.com/xcart/product.php?productid=44&cat=0&page=1&featured
Thanks, Kev. But, way ahead of you, as it was included in the original post:

It made a night and day difference on the TT-R as I couldn't get it to do anything more than just idle. Even new, the TT-R wouldn't run right. Cleaned carbeurator, installed a 115 main and the blue needle at the same height as the stock, and it's a night and day difference. When I did the JD kit, I also did the air box mod. ;)

I have kits for the 250F and the 450F (see pic below). I haven't had a chance to put them in yet due to lack of time. I'm also holding out as I want to do more maintenance to both bikes at the same time.

List of other items to put on the 450:

Moose Skid plate
Works Connection Rear caliper guard
Pro-Moto Billet End cap
Bleeder valves for forks
Cycra triple tree and side mount hand guards
Moose Radiator guards
Over flow bottle

I have an overflow bottle and Pro-Moto end cap for the 250F as well to install. I bought them so we could ride trails legally because you can install a spark arrestor in them.

I won't be riding much, if any this winter, as I don't have a way to keep my bike enclosed during transport to keep the road salt off of it. I'll hit up the new indoor MX track once or twice before the snow flies, then that's about it.

No ice racing for me, I don't do cold anymore.

·
APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, Kev. But, way ahead of you, as it was included in the original post:

It made a night and day difference on the TT-R as I couldn't get it to do anything more than just idle. Even new, the TT-R wouldn't run right. Cleaned carbeurator, installed a 115 main and the blue needle at the same height as the stock, and it's a night and day difference. When I did the JD kit, I also did the air box mod. ;)

I have kits for the 250F and the 450F (see pic below). I haven't had a chance to put them in yet due to lack of time. I'm also holding out as I want to do more maintenance to both bikes at the same time.

List of other items to put on the 450:

Moose Skid plate
Works Connection Rear caliper guard
Pro-Moto Billet End cap
Bleeder valves for forks
Cycra triple tree and side mount hand guards
Moose Radiator guards
Over flow bottle

I have an overflow bottle and Pro-Moto end cap for the 250F as well to install. I bought them so we could ride trails legally because you can install a spark arrestor in them.

I won't be riding much, if any this winter, as I don't have a way to keep my bike enclosed during transport to keep the road salt off of it. I'll hit up the new indoor MX track once or twice before the snow flies, then that's about it.

No ice racing for me, I don't do cold anymore.
:blush:rofl

Missed that. :mrgreen Nice list of parts you have there to add. Some day we need to get together for some dirt riding.

·
2,843 Posts
:blush:rofl

Missed that. :mrgreen Nice list of parts you have there to add. Some day we need to get together for some dirt riding.
No problem Kev. As to dirt riding, definitely. I'm hoping to ride Spring Creek (Millville) next year, which should be interesting. I'm considering the "Vet C" section for next year.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts