Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up,
I had just bought this 2000 Yz250, I think it looks great for a 00. Maybe touch up the frame paint and it would really look clean. It has Pro Circuit exhaust with 304silencer, renthal bars, excel rims...What do you guys think ?

·
Dirt Junkie
338 Posts
if your going to repaint the frame, throw on a pair of frame gaurds from lightspeed or a similar company. your boots wont wreck the paint job that way, and it looks trick.

nice bike.

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
I wouldn't bother with painting the frame unless you want to. Just get a roll of anti-slip grip tape like this:

Non-slip tape

I put it on the frames of my YZ250F and YZ450F and works great. Cheap too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
nice bike! yeah i just got a 04 yz85 and was thinking about painting the frame. but it seems like a waste of time unless your selling. it will just get worn down again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
it looks good for its age but IMO not as good as this

I have the stock seat, I had an extra seat shaved down for my vertially challenged daughter. Bought from original owner and still has the Malcom Smith dealer sticker on the rear fender.

·
Registered
1 Posts
blown head or crankcase locked up

i just acquired a 2000 yz 250 and the foot crank wont move. how do i determine if the head is locked up or the crankcase/transmission is locked up.

·
MX DAD
21 Posts
i just acquired a 2000 yz 250 and the foot crank wont move. how do i determine if the head is locked up or the crankcase/transmission is locked up.
take it apart, it a 2 stroke should take more then a couple hours.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts