Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own one?

Im thinking about buying one for $70 new shipped to my door and was wondering how it is compared to other brands.

Reason I like it is because it has the back protector and chest protector-which would go perfect underneath my leathers.

Any feedback on the quality,comfort of it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Why don't you wait a little longer, spend a little more money on a Dainese Safety Jacket ?! Best vented back protector, chest protector, shoulders, elbows, everything's held together by a strong mesh so perfect to fit under your leathers, take off all the protectors already in and simply use it as a "cow shell" over the safety jkt. :dunno

I'm not really into ICON since so far, it's only made for "posers".

my 0.02$

·
mod impersonator
3,221 Posts
i have tried a few brands and the only one i own is the icon vest...its by far the most comfortable back protector ive ever tried...very highly recommended

jray02r1
jesse

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
already owned one and didnt like the fit-esp the sleeves with the on the shoulder and forearms-made me feel stuffy,esp. under my leathers.
Reason I like the Icon is the fact that it looks roomier-not as stuffy as the Dainese i've had-if that makes sense.

Why don't you wait a little longer, spend a little more money on a Dainese Safety Jacket ?! Best vented back protector, chest protector, shoulders, elbows, everything's held together by a strong mesh so perfect to fit under your leathers, take off all the protectors already in and simply use it as a "cow shell" over the safety jkt. :dunno

I'm not really into ICON since so far, it's only made for "posers".

my 0.02$

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Whatever works for you.. "roomier".. the difference is : you're not grocery shopping with that protection so no need to be "roomier", IF you ever fall and the protectors run away in all their "room" letting your body hit first, you'll remember of me ;)

Ride safe :thumbup

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea-that Dainese didnt work good for me-cuz the Dainese,like I said,had armor on the shoulders and forearms-my leathers already have the same CE hard armor on the shoulders and forearms-so I had armor on top of armor that made me walk like a robot-i couldnt even put my arms down flush:lol
so with the Icon-im still protected and no room at all-everything sits flush. And with grocery shopping for protection-Ive owned nothing but Dainese.

Whatever works for you.. "roomier".. the difference is : you're not grocery shopping with that protection so no need to be "roomier", IF you ever fall and the protectors run away in all their "room" letting your body hit first, you'll remember of me ;)

Ride safe :thumbup

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Take them off your leather jkt then :)

Dainese isn't known for being the company around the world doing the most research on security for nothing you know.. :blush

·
mod impersonator
3,221 Posts
you will forget you even had the icon vest on:fact

jray02r1
jesse

·
Registered
51 Posts
I talked to some guys at Pro-Motion... they won't allow it as a back protector. Now, that being said, I have a pair of their leg armor, which feel pretty comfortable, and seem pretty solid that I wear under jeans when not wearing riding pants. For the back protector I would say go with someone who has a CE-rated back protector, preferrably Level-2. If you're really concerned with the chest, look into the Safety Jacket like Sarah recommended, or look into the Bohn body armor. I think Velocity has a full suit as well that ranked pretty good in Euro tests called the Juggernaut... if memory serves.

Good luck on your decision!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks! i will keep that in mind..

I talked to some guys at Pro-Motion... they won't allow it as a back protector. Now, that being said, I have a pair of their leg armor, which feel pretty comfortable, and seem pretty solid that I wear under jeans when not wearing riding pants. For the back protector I would say go with someone who has a CE-rated back protector, preferrably Level-2. If you're really concerned with the chest, look into the Safety Jacket like Sarah recommended, or look into the Bohn body armor. I think Velocity has a full suit as well that ranked pretty good in Euro tests called the Juggernaut... if memory serves.

Good luck on your decision!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I agree with Sarah about Dainese... :yes

However, something I noticed, not everyone are comfortable with Dainese, some people's body shape are built more comfortable with certain brands than others. I think you should go and try on different brands in person to get at least the initial feel of it.

:ride

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got one pat i don't use it to much but i think it works good. It doesn't really fit under my suit b/c i suit is new but i am hope it will loosen up so i can use it at the track. I got mine for free with my bike so idk if i would buy one. $70 shipped to your door is a good price though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks Dan and Vale

I got one pat i don't use it to much but i think it works good. It doesn't really fit under my suit b/c i suit is new but i am hope it will loosen up so i can use it at the track. I got mine for free with my bike so idk if i would buy one. $70 shipped to your door is a good price though.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Icon's leather jackets and helmets seem pretty decent, no less than something like Joe Rocket or First Gear or something...

I love gear snobs..... :lmao

I and many others I've known have gone down hard in equipment other than Alpinestars, Dainese, Vanson and have walked away just fine. Not to take away from the quality of those products, just saying you don't have to spend $3000 on a suit for it to work well.

Where the quality comes into play is oftentimes that Vanson suit will be ready to wear immediately after the crash, while you might have to send that Joe Rocket in for $50 worth of stitching.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts