Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Lucky #13
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DISCLAIMER:
First off I would like to say I am not a certified mechanic nor am I trained to perform modifications "professionally." How To's I write up are just simple things I have done research on and done trials before I even fully install them on my own. It is wise to read over the instructions that are included with your OEM/Aftermarket parts and follow the directions. Every thing you read is to be done on your own risk, any questions please feel free to ask. I HOLD NO RESPONSIBLITY IF YOU SCREW SOMETHING UP. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK, OR TAKE IT TO A PROFESSIONAL!

Removing gas cap for 03-05 R6 (06 R6S)

Tools you will need:
4mm hex tool (allen key or t-handle or whatever you can get your hands on)
Key to the tank

You can remove the gas cap with the tank on the bike or with the tank removed. Below is a picture of the tank before any bolts are removed. I circled the bolts that will need to be removed with the hex tool.

The reason for blue and red circles is because when the bolt comes out 2 will be short bolts and 3 will be long bolts. This is what they look like:

Now, remove all 5 bolts with the 4mm hex tool after you are done, insert your key and open the gas cap. Below is a diagram of the gas cap opened with another bolt circles in green. That will be the final and last bolt you will need to remove before the whole gas cap can be removed.

This is what the gas cap will look like once removed from the tank.

This is what the tank will look like without the gas cap.

I will update how to put it all back together when finish getting the tank painted. Its very easy to reinstall just reverse the process and you should be fine.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts