Yamaha Powersport Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A YZF750r of course! :)

Great forum here guys, loads of enthusiastic and knowledgeable dudes!
I've just picked up a 1995 YZF750r, 19000 miles, all standard except the micron slip-on exhaust...
£1100!!! it's in really good nick, just a couple of things need attention.
I had £1300 to spend on a bike after a year off... the Army don't let you take bikes on tour(!)
I saw this one pop up on the net and was really taken with the quality of the bike for such little money, bloody quick when you ring it's neck out too!!
Only problem is, it won't stop as well as it goes!
The front disc's/rotor's are warped, i've read that this is a common problem with the standard items.
Does anybody have a common solution??
I've heard Ducati 748 brembo disc's bolt straight on... is this a myth or a really good coincidence?
How about in-expensive aftermarket disc's? I can't find any for less than £130 each... sounds quite pricey does'nt it??

If you could help me out, with any hints or tips i would be really grateful! or just say hi!

Thanks again, Jamie

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got the info you need. Yes the 916/748 bolt pattern and disc are the same. I bought these Brembo's from the link below for around $200-$250 USD. The other thing to complement the rotors and make a huge difference is to shit can the stock master cylinder for a Brembo 19x20, which can be found on E-bay for around $250 USD. Feel free to e-mail me if you need any other help.

http://www.peromotorsports.com/

[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brilliant, thanks alot for the advise and welcome msgs!
I've just purchased a pair of nearly new 916/748 Brembo discs from ebay, £100 including postage, bargain!
Next purchase... Brembo master cylinder 19x20!!
can't wait to bolt on my new goodies and feel the 6 pot calipers try to replicate a brembo brick wall!!
I'll let you know how i get on.

:thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW!!! I've just been checking out that R1/R7, amazing.
did the guy ever rebuild it? must have cost him a few organs to pay for all those exotics bits n bobs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
hey welcome to the forum i must say though this thread is usless without pics lol , any probs im sure someone here has run into them before,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, yes everyone seems cool.
Im not great with computers but im going to try and get some pics on board tomorrow night (fingers crossed).:lame
p.s what does GENESIS mean???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts