Yamaha Powersport Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to 2 Strokes and I am sure there is a technique to starting it. I just purchased a 2000 YZ250 that has a Fatty pipe and silencer. It started when I bought it and the first couple of time after that, but we were out riding and stopped and laid it on a slope about 45 degrees. Now it is extremely hard to start. We had to push it and pop the clutch to get it going. Any Ideas or is there a secret to 2 strokes. Thank You.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lots of pros have told me to get up against a tree or wall to get my balance and then use your weight to kick along with your leg muscles. If its cold have the choke on full and some say not to but i give it about half throttle. And bam, fires right up with a few kicks.. and mine is an 86 so yours should be quicker.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try. I'm going to change the plug and see if that helps. Maybe it is fouled. I see you are from Springfield; know of any good places to ride south of you.

·
Dirt Junkie
338 Posts
yeah, i doubt that it is your plug. if you fouled a plug, it wouldnt start by rolling and bump starting.
any other symptons? sometimes they can be tricky to start... check your choke as stated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts