1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hayden MTV Film To Air
[SIZE=-1]by the seasoned agitator[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]Tuesday, November 06, 2007[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]

The long-awaited Nicky Hayden movie that MTV has been working on for the last year and half will air on November 16, according to a press release from MTV.

At speeds of over 200 miles per hour, pro motorcycle racer Nicky Hayden wins his first ever MotoGP World Championship and defends his title as MTV puts viewers in the fast lane with a two hour movie special, "The Kentucky Kid," premiering on Friday, November 16 at 10pm ET/PT.
"The Kentucky Kid" chronicles the life of pro motorcycle racer Nicky Hayden starting with the final two races of the 2006 season, where he is well on his way to becoming the new MotoGP World Champion. The chance of fulfilling his life long dream seemingly slips away when Nicky is dramatically crashed out of the race by another rider. With the odds against him, and a fractured collar bone, Nicky proves that dedication and perseverance can help overcome any obstacle as he claims The MotoGP World Title in remarkable fashion. But as the new racing season starts, Nicky finds that the only thing harder than winning the Championship is defending it.

Racing since the age of 3, the series follows the 25-year old from Owensboro, Kentucky as he defends his championship on the back of a motorcycle at mind bending and heart pounding speeds, with his knee scraping the ground at every turn. Hayden's natural ability and good looks, coupled with the sports' sexy, fast paced atmosphere, has helped propel him as a sports icon, but in a league where the majority of the audience is European, the American Hayden constantly has to prove himself and his status as World Champion. Nicky's relationship with his close knit family of racers and the contrast between his rural life in Kentucky and his European cosmopolitan sport all form the backdrop to Hayden's 2007 season and his quest to win back to back World Championships.

"The Kentucky Kid" in its entirety will be available cross carrier on MTV mobile's linear channel and VOD service.

R. Greg Johnston, Sam Sokolow and Rob Lobl are Executive Producers of "The Kentucky Kid." Kelly Welsh is Co- Executive Producer. Nicky Hayden is producer. Lois Curren and Lauren Dolgen are executives in charge for MTV.

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]ENDS[/SIZE]

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Nov/071106h.htm

·
APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
2,173 Posts
I am almost scared to watch it. If MTV did their usual bull $hit editing and cutting then its going to be a deafening blow to Nicky's image.

·
Major Member
2,244 Posts
I am almost scared to watch it. If MTV did their usual bull $hit editing and cutting then its going to be a deafening blow to Nicky's image.
just the opposite....nicky ACTS like he's on MTV all the time, so it should be a perfect fit. :rofl

·
Vegas Hottie
345 Posts
MTV - November 16 Nicky Hayden -

If you forgot, didn't know or what ever....
Here it is again and if it's a repost, deal with it -
November 16 10pm est on MTV the Nicky Hayden special. http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Nov/071106h.htm
Wether you like him or not, support the sport by watching the show.
While I was in Valencia last year (2006), MTV was there and he was being followed around, my mug may even show up here and there :mock - wishfull thinking - any who, don't forget about the show!

·
Motha Russia
1,424 Posts
I would watch it if Stoner was on :fact

Isn't Hayden last years champ, what is he going say? I like 8th place better :crash

·
Vegas Hottie
345 Posts
don't be a goober, the show is not for you, it's for those that don't know about the sport or know very little about it.

he's a great marketing tool, good looking, rides a fast bike, is a champion, even if it was 2006 regardless of anyone's opinion of how it was achieved, he is great for the sport we all love and will be a good ambassador.... sooooo, encourage your friends, teens or anyone that could possibly be interested in watching, and YOU go to another room and watch Stoner race re-runs otay!!!!!

:mock

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
don't be a goober, the show is not for you, it's for those that don't know about the sport or know very little about it.

he's a great marketing tool, good looking, rides a fast bike, is a champion, even if it was 2006 regardless of anyone's opinion of how it was achieved, he is great for the sport we all love and will be a good ambassador.... sooooo, encourage your friends, teens or anyone that could possibly be interested in watching, and YOU go to another room and watch Stoner race re-runs otay!!!!!

im with u sara, thats the reason i wanted to post this here.

i have a feelin its gonna sux, but i will still watch to help with my support of the sport

·
Vegas Hottie
345 Posts
the mtv crowd will like it and that'll be good, I'll watch it just to see what was edited out

that last Valencia weekend I was there from Wednesday through Tuesday morning and there was a whole lot of taping going on.... including the after hours stuff, though I don't remember much of that :rofl but yep, I'm curious as to how it all got put together

·
Registered
301 Posts

I agree coverage of the sport is good, but not all coverage.... Oftentimes we bill ANYTHING as great press simply because it throws any part of the sport out there in the public eye.... well....just read this

http://www.roadracerx.com/article.php?article_id=553

not bashing the Hayden appearance specifically....btw

·
Vegas Hottie
345 Posts
Not all moto shows are great shows, just like not all moto riders should be on a bike.... we all have several of those...

The Hayden movie is one way that the sport can be show cased in a positive way. As entertaining as Superbikes may be for some, for me it's too much sugar and not enough protein.

MotoGP is a sport, the movie trailer (before it was taken down) showed the difficulties of the sport through the eyes of not just the riders but the teams as well. The triumphs and losses where are all there for the world to see regardless if acquired through skill or circumstance.

Everyone has an opinion, hopefully the movie will make enough people buy more race tickets, schedule more races, get me more work and have more people riding ;)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Not all moto shows are great shows, just like not all moto riders should be on a bike.... we all have several of those...

The Hayden movie is one way that the sport can be show cased in a positive way. As entertaining as Superbikes may be for some, for me it's too much sugar and not enough protein.

MotoGP is a sport, the movie trailer (before it was taken down) showed the difficulties of the sport through the eyes of not just the riders but the teams as well. The triumphs and losses where are all there for the world to see regardless if acquired through skill or circumstance.

Everyone has an opinion, hopefully the movie will make enough people buy more race tickets, schedule more races, get me more work and have more people riding ;)
I agree, although it's going to be a tough sell in a country where the top shows are retarded reality TV shows made for 15 year olds and shows dedicated to hanging on every move that "celebrities" make :kicknuts

Hopefully it's good. I loved FASTER, probably watched it 100 times

·
Vegas Hottie
345 Posts
Here's what I'm hoping for:
MTV kids like fast, anything fast be it cars, bikes, women... you know, fast

Here's this all-American guy, fine ass good looking (editorial moment... ahem!) been riding since could walk, parents let him ride all he wants, wins tons of races at home, makes lots of money, goes overseas, dukes it out with the Euro guys, sacks himself some babes along the way, nearly gets knocked out of the running by his own team mate, fights back and wins the championship, cries like a baby, praises God and loves the good ol' USA.....

How can you not love that kind of marketing? Sh*t! I want to go buy a bike right now and bang some hot dude in leathers and have him win me a f*cking trophy!!

Where's my agent!!!!!! :laugh

1 - 20 of 63 Posts