Yamaha Powersport Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just recently my 2007 Yamaha R6S has been acting funny, so I ignored it thinking that it was a change in weather…. and then boom, the bike started sputtering at low rpm’s and cleared up after around 3-4K rpm’s. And I thought it was possibly bad gas (I use 92 octane) which it was not since I’ve filled up since the problem happened. So long story short it’s gotten worse, to the point of where it sputters through all the gears and at all rpm’s. I replaced my spark plugs and the ignition coils at all plugged in correctly. Haven’t replaced the ignition coils yet because I want to see what you guys think it could be. I’m just hoping that my valves aren’t burnt. Please if anyone had/has the same issue please let me know what fixed it.

·
Administrator "Loose Nut" - from Houston, Texas
57 Posts
Have you checked for an inlet air leak. An air leak in the intake will make the bike run lean. I would start the bike, spray a small amount of flammable fluid, I use brake cleaner, all around the intake close to the engine. If the RPMs increases you have a vacuum leak. Only do this in a well ventilated area and don't smoke. Let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked for an inlet air leak. An air leak in the intake will make the bike run lean. I would start the bike, spray a small amount of flammable fluid, I use brake cleaner, all around the intake close to the engine. If the RPMs increases you have a vacuum leak. Only do this in a well ventilated area and don't smoke. Let us know the outcome.
Okay will do, I m pretty sure it’s coils but I will try that out. Thank you so much

1 - 4 of 4 Posts