Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask this question on the other forum before they became disabled. But anyways, has anyone ever installed a gear indicator on there R6? I bought one from a friend for $20 that he did not want to install on his bike cause he was scared. It's a Digital Gear Indicator from http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/digitool.htm I wanted to try it and also to remind me that there is NO 7th gear on my R6 :rofl Anyways has anyone done this or seen a write up that can help me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if it is plug and play because the end of the wires are cut (that is how they came) and the instructions just tells you what the wire are and what it should connect to. Maybe if I can see a detail instruction with pics of what I should be looking for I can do it. But for now I will leave it alone, so that I don't short or fry anything. I've never taken the front instrument on the bike apart and I don't know where to start.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks I will give Wheatman a PM later. Hopefully he will still have a write up or anything that can help me. If not I will just keep it until I can find someone that can help me with it. And that Acumen looks alright, but for $140 I can deal with not knowing what gear I'm on. I'd rather spend it on something that will give me a little power towards the bike. Thanks everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts