Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering if anyone knows where i could by some galfer ss lines in black for an 06 r1 and get a good deal...saw something on the net about dual lines in the front can anyone give me some thoughts on those or should i just buy the basic front and rear kit...thanks

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
You might want to look at Spiegler or Hel. they have never faded on us compared to the galfer's. If you want gold banjo's the galfer's are a very light gold compared the competition as well. IMO you pay a little more you get a little better finish.

·
Registered
20 Posts
^^^Whoa Corey your saying the Galfer Stainless lines fade??? damn, i almost thought that too the other day when i was riding at hard pace for awhile, i felt like i had brake fade...and i am running MotulRBF600...WTF?

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
no, not brake fade, but the color of the line fades. IE red to pink and blue to light blue, etc. Black i haven't seen fade that much though. But if you're looking for gold banjo's then the gold is a very light gold. Picture dipped in urine or brass (might be made of brass actually). Where the competitors gold banjo's are a deep/bright gold like ohlins since they are anodized or powdercoated. I'm talking about the finish of the line. Any SS line will perform the same.

Since they all perform the same that leaves the finish/fitment/price to be discussed. I was just discussion the finish of the lines.

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
I had Galfer's on my '03 R1 and didn't have any problems with them at all. I'll probably put braided lines on my YZ450F over the winter. Help lighten the bike some, as well as improved braking.

·
APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
2,173 Posts
So far I have used Galfer, Spiegler, and Goodridge. No problems with any of em. My 06 has Spiegler front and Galfer Rear. My blue Galfers have not discolored that I can tell, but my bike doesnt sit in the sun for any length of time other than riding.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I ordered my galfers through www.tobefast.com, came through pretty fast too. Galfer has some awesome customer service as well, always good to buy a product that a company is willing to stand behind.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts