Yamaha Powersport Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I've got an entire engine in the parts stage. Most of it I've cleaned already. I had everything to build a 660. So depends on what you are looking for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The YZF600 THundercat engine is again the only one that is a direct swap. As for the 660, there are a few ways to go about doing it. I was going to do a complete YZF600 engine with a FZR600 crank. Most people use the FZR bottom end and the YZF top end (Con Rods, Pistons, Barrels, and Valve Head). One person has figured out how to manipulate the conrods to take the yzf pistons, but he still used the YZF barrels and valve head. You will need to run the FZR electronics becuase of the timing rotor. Most people use a Ignitech programable TCI for that. You will also need the YZF carbs, and a 95/96 YZF600 air box - the 97+ will not work. Bad part about the FZR electronics is that you will not be able to take advantage of the TPS on the 97+ carbs.

Now after tuning, most people are landing around 105hp at the rear wheel. That is in the neighborhood of the newer 600 bikes. Anyone that says they are getting 115hp at the rear wheel on the newer bikes is full of shit anyway. But you should have more torque than the newer bikes as well.

If you are interested, I'm not going to build my 660. I would be willing to sell off the parts. Let me know.
hi there im new on here
i race my thundercat in a 700 cc cup and need some info on doing the 660 fzr crank conversion
do you know where i can get the 3mm base plate made for the cyenders and the new crank seal.ive heard you can do it by modding the con rods but i dont think id get them board as it sites at full revs most of its race time so i have heard that its
fzr crank
yzf con rods standard
yzf the rest of the top end
im also going to use a ignition plate and pick up from bdk racing but this is only good to use for racing as there is no battery charge, all is removed
you can get a charge for this kit at about 500 pound but as i run bike at 100 percent loss no need for me to have thisso please does anybody know where i can get the 3mm base plate made and the correct crank seal.
also are all the big end bearings the same size
thanks
rsr

21 - 27 of 27 Posts