Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Returnee Senna building up for the big push.

Thursday, 15th November 2007

GP2 front-runner steps back to F3 for blue riband event - with his focus on victory.

Bruno Senna has insisted he is simply playing himself in slowly on his one-off F3 return in Macau this weekend, as an accident in first qualifying brought out the red flags and left the Brazilian down in a lowly 20th place on the provisional starting grid.

Senna – who was born in the same year that his uncle, Ayrton, triumphed in the inaugural running of the Macau F3 Grand Prix – accepted an invitation to return to the prestigious event for a second time after failing to reach the chequered flag on his F3 debut around the sinuous street circuit two years ago.

“I think this will be my last opportunity to drive an F3 car in Macau,” the 24-year-old admitted, speaking to Crash.net Radio ahead of the race. “I think the Guia circuit is the best in the world and I really love the event. For me it's the best race in the world and it's a great opportunity for me to be able to come here and compete again. I'm really motivated by my passion for the race.”

Despite having only tested the car for one day – at Pembrey in Wales – in the lead-up to Macau, the GP2 race-winner acknowledges the fact there will be some weight of expectation on his shoulders, given his name, experience on the international stage and the pedigree of his Raikkonen-Robertson Racing team, with whom he finished third in British F3 last year and the squad that took former team-mate Mike Conway to Macau glory twelve months ago.

“There is some pressure of course,” Senna agreed. “I didn't come here to compete, I came to win, but at the same time I need to be realistic and give myself some time to learn and dial myself back into the F3 car, especially during the first day's practice and qualifying. I'm going to just step into it slowly, and then when the time is right push hard and try to get the result.”

Bruno Senna (BRA), Raikkonen Robertson Racing Dallara Mercedes

1 - 1 of 1 Posts