Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just incase your interested...

I guess Dana White and the owners of the UFC are holding a live press conference at 4pm today to respond to Randy Coture leaving. Its going to be broadcast from the UFC website. If they take questions, it will be fun to watch them squirm while trying not to admit a huge mistake.

·
Registered
135 Posts
He didn't get the respect he deserved from the UFC. They are doing millions because of him, he's 44 y/o, and the best MMA fighter on this planet in any class. He brought class and intelligence to the sport. He's putting his life and healt at risk everytime he's fighting those younger guys. Pay him, he deserve at least 1 millions a fight after all he did for the sport, he's alone in his class.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You know, I've been calling that shit for 3 years now, and everyone has made fun of me, called me an idiot. I don't know anything about the sport, blah blah

I will say it now, and again. FUCK DANA WHITE...UFC=WWF.

and the best MMA fighter on this planet in any class.
WRONG....You fail.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Geeze..... I was just on SHERDOG and wanted a change so I come here and see this :lol. Actually that would be the perfect forum Bikes and MMA!!! Lets get an MMA section going.

Dana and the UFC brought MMA back to life and made it respectable enough for TV. That is fantastic and they deserve credit for that. I just hope they don't turn it into Boxing or NASCAR. Keep it pure but make it a good show without ruining it. THat's going to be the challenge moving forward.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You know, I've been calling that shit for 3 years now, and everyone has made fun of me, called me an idiot. I don't know anything about the sport, blah blah

I will say it now, and again. FUCK DANA WHITE...UFC=WWF.

WRONG....You fail.
Well, they all fail to find someone, go for it bro. Fedor??...LOL.

Dana and the UFC brought MMA back to life and made it respectable enough for TV. That is fantastic and they deserve credit for that. I just hope they don't turn it into Boxing or NASCAR. Keep it pure but make it a good show without ruining it. THat's going to be the challenge moving forward.

:imwst

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
At the press conference, they handed out copies of all the checks that Randy has cashed from the ufc,and disclosed alot of the personal information about how his pay works. He made 2.9 million for the two fights this year. He also receives a $200,000 salary that ufc fighters get as a regular paycheck, and $56,000 for his comments on the fights. He receives a $250,000 bonus to say he will take a fight, and $250,000 after the fight, in addition to his fight purse.

For Ufc 68 Randy cashed a check for 1.86 million ( and a 500,000 bonus on top of that)

Fro ufc 74 Randy was paid 1.072 million and the bonus and pay-per-view hasnt been added to that until the final numbers are in and randy will get another check 10 days from then.(expected to be a $936,000 bonus on top of the 1.072 million)

The numbers were flying fast and the reporters all got copies of the cashed checks so I'm sure we'll hear more. Dana also really put down Fedor, and said he isnt in the top 5 in the world and doesnt deserve to fight Randy, but they wanted to make the fight happen because Randy very specifically asked for it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know where he is going to go, other MMA organizations aren't that much better.

Well, if the copies they passed out to the reporters are legit, which I suspect they are, I think they even included his 1099 IRS forms...lol...then Randy had it way better in the ufc than he was claiming. 4+ million a year including the salary etc, (thats not counting sponsorships, commercials, and the team camp). Randy said he was only getting about 225,000 a fight and no bonuses. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Randy fan, infact I could call him my personal favorite, and he is by far the most popular ufc fighter ever,...but Dana just handed him his a$$.

·
Lucky #13
333 Posts
Randy is retiring cause its time, he knows as well as anyone else who has a good mindset on MMA that he is not ever going to take on Fedor and win. maybe if Fedor had an arm tied up but hes not so Randy can kiss his chances of winning good bye. up until now the closest person to keep me entertain while fighting Fedor was CroCop, CroCop is now old too and he was the closest.

·
Registered
135 Posts
At the press conference, they handed out copies of all the checks that Randy has cashed from the ufc,and disclosed alot of the personal information about how his pay works. He made 2.9 million for the two fights this year. He also receives a $200,000 salary that ufc fighters get as a regular paycheck, and $56,000 for his comments on the fights. He receives a $250,000 bonus to say he will take a fight, and $250,000 after the fight, in addition to his fight purse.

For Ufc 68 Randy cashed a check for 1.86 million ( and a 500,000 bonus on top of that)

Fro ufc 74 Randy was paid 1.072 million and the bonus and pay-per-view hasnt been added to that until the final numbers are in and randy will get another check 10 days from then.(expected to be a $936,000 bonus on top of the 1.072 million)

The numbers were flying fast and the reporters all got copies of the cashed checks so I'm sure we'll hear more. Dana also really put down Fedor, and said he isnt in the top 5 in the world and doesnt deserve to fight Randy, but they wanted to make the fight happen because Randy very specifically asked for it.
Jesus Christ!! That's some serious money!! :eek:h

If it's true i guess Randy shouldn't complain...

·
7c Forever
3,285 Posts
Randy is retiring cause its time, he knows as well as anyone else who has a good mindset on MMA that he is not ever going to take on Fedor and win. maybe if Fedor had an arm tied up but hes not so Randy can kiss his chances of winning good bye. up until now the closest person to keep me entertain while fighting Fedor was CroCop, CroCop is now old too and he was the closest.
I agree on everything except cro-cop being the closest fight.

Nogueira was the closest fight.

and that was what proved that Fedor is the best, and also a spokesman for KY Jelly. Dude can escape any hold.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts