Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Damn...... the fog can get pretty bad in the valley, but it's a little early in the season for this already.

More than 100 cars were involved in a series of collisions on Hwy 99 Saturday, Nov. 3, 2007 in Fresno, Calif. At least two people were killed and dozens more were injured in a massive pileup of as many as 100 vehicles on a foggy freeway Saturday morning, the California Highway Patrol said. (AP Photo/Gary Kazanjian)

·
Motha Russia
1,424 Posts
I still don't understand how this happens though, I mean you can't see but you still keep pressing the gas and following close. :no

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
I still don't understand how this happens though, I mean you can't see but you still keep pressing the gas and following close. :no
Well is happen like this..........

It's foggy and you can see about 1/4 of a mile...

you keep going at about 55 mph or so......

All of a sudden you can't see shit........ in like 2 seconds.....

Bam BAM bam BAm BAM baM......

There ya go... it's pretty easy to loose track of your distance after a little while of driving in it as well.

That and people like to drive too damn fast for conditions as well.

·
Motha Russia
1,424 Posts
The biggest car pile up I seen was a few years back in total white out condition, with snow and ice on the road.

But before we got there people were speeding like crazy, it was insane.

·
Major Member
2,244 Posts
i was stationed up near fresno for three years (lemoore), and that fog used to get REALLY bad. still amazes me to this day how fast some of those idiots used to drive in the fog, including semi-trucks! guess some things are worth the risk to those guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts