Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this might seem stupid, but I have a question.

WHY is it, when you watch a game, and the camera moves to film the crowd.....almost 100% of the time, people in the stands will be giving the "We're #1.....WOOOOHOOO" sign? This is often the case, even if the team is not even in the top 25, or if they are ranked #8 or #17...etc

Bottom line, there is only ONE #1 team, and unless you are it, why lie about it? Maybe, #1 in their mind? One of those, "it's ok, you are number 1 if you believe in yourself" mantra's, that you have to aspire to be the best if you actually want to be the best?

Just one of those things I wonder about. It would be hilarious to see an interview, where someone is doing the #1 thing, and the reporter busts out the stat sheet and says "well actually, your record is 3 and 8, you are # 47 in Division 1A football...." :muahaha

Ok, yea I wonder about shit like that.....sorry....I'm very Seinfeld-ish :whiteflag

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
After reading many threads started by kneepads77, I have come to a conclusion that he must be a philosopher... :fact :lol

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
well I've concluded that there's "honest drunks"

"I'll be honest with you here buddy..."

and "I love you!!" drunks

"I love you guys!!! you're my best friends forever!!!!"

and then the philisophical drunks like Phil.
Guess I'm a philosophical drunk also then... :lol

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh.....I've got a bunch of them :)

It's like you sit and wonder why something is the way it is, but people too often just accept things because that is the way it has always been etc.... Granted, some things just aren't worth worrying about, but all to often I sit back and say to myself, "why the heck is that happening???"

Ok, here is another thought. Here on the forums which we all frequent so much, we have gotten to "know" each other. I know if I post something, I can expect others to respond and then I can respond....and virtual conversation so to speak. But.....have you ever gone to news sites, like your local newspaper website, or say msn.com or yahoo.com....and seen news or opinion articles that have been posted which allow readers to respond? These things get out of control, people compose books when responding, quoting other responses and desperately trying to make a point. The only problem is, for the most part, they are pissing into the wind.

On this forum, if I post a rebuttal to Junior, I know that he will probably come back and we can "discuss" things. On those huge websites, oftentimes people are in and out and never come back. So, it is funny to me that people spend so much time composing responses to articles when for the most part nobody gives a crap, and the response usually gets lost because there are hundreds of replies. :lmao(especially on high visibility issues)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts