Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How about human powered bikes? :workout

Here's my 1990 Schwinn LeTour. When it's not being ridden, I store it on the repair stand for easy maintenance. I bought a trainer for it early this year so I could continue to ride in the winter.

I'm also considering a hard tail mountain bike so I can ride off road for some additional MX training.

·
APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
2,173 Posts
Not bad...I havent rode my bike nearly often enough, kind of miss it. Seems like the single speed hard tails are getting pretty popular here latley, is that what you are looking at?

·
APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
2,173 Posts
NICE bike. I have an older Trek 8900. No disc brakes but its aluminum frame, light as a feather. I hear you on the suspension deal, it took me a while just to get used to front suspension on a pedal bike. It really screws with you when you are standing up and pedaling.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I hear you on the suspension deal, it took me a while just to get used to front suspension on a pedal bike. It really screws with you when you are standing up and pedaling.
I think that's why I'm partial to my old Trek Y-33; it's got a solid suspension design that almost locks out when you stand up... That and the carbon fiber just looks way cool!

On a side note, you guys have any good recommendations for a crankset? My old school XT setup is about dead, and my BB is way past due... Looking for a replacement that is about XT in quality, but not trying to spend more than say, $200... any ideas?

·
APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
2,173 Posts
I got nothing, I dont dig to much into aftermarket on my pedal bikes, just ride em the way the came. At least until I need to replace something then I ll probably be asking the same questions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think that's why I'm partial to my old Trek Y-33; it's got a solid suspension design that almost locks out when you stand up... That and the carbon fiber just looks way cool!

On a side note, you guys have any good recommendations for a crankset? My old school XT setup is about dead, and my BB is way past due... Looking for a replacement that is about XT in quality, but not trying to spend more than say, $200... any ideas?
Flea bay and or here:
http://archive.mtbr.com/03/0EE8D1C4.php
I got a used late model XT crank, and a new BB for less than that. The crank came with a new large chain ring too.
BTW, I ride a Joshua X0 Y-frame bike.

Have two Pro-flexes, 754 and an 856. Both are wicked light and fast on the trails.

·
Lucky #13
333 Posts
i have a Trek 7.3 FX just got it this year and i love it. the pedal is broken so i ordered a new one and im still waiting for it. my old bike was a GT Performer and i loved it, up until i had to ride up hills.

·
Lucky #13
333 Posts
i was lucky caught a going out of business sale and got it for 300 under the MSRP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts