Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BD+ DRM cracked! Is anyone other than Sony shocked?

Remember a few months back when the new AACS was cracked within a few short weeks? Now the extra copy protection Sony niavly thought would stop rippers, BD+ has reportadly been cracked as well. According to SlySoft, the makers of AnyDVD they have succsessfully circumnavigated BD+ and that the ability to rip Blu Ray discs that contain this shiny *new* protection will be included in the next version of AnyDVD.

Hackers: 1, Sony: 0. Will they never learn…

Source: Engadget

:comp

·
Lucky #13
333 Posts
i still prefer HD, they got their key posted all over Digg and didnt even give a shit.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
LG makes a player that plays both HD, and Blue ray dvds, and it will upvert ur old dvd to 1080I fact

i think samsung also makes a similar players aswell

·
Registered
566 Posts
LG makes a player that plays both HD, and Blue ray dvds, and it will upvert ur old dvd to 1080I fact

from what I've read about the combo players is that you loose some of the features available on each platform, where as on a stand alone you don't :eek:ld

most of your newer DVD players with HDMI already up convert to 1080I and are very inexpensive with a nice low profile :yes

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
from what I've read about the combo players is that you loose some of the features available on each platform, where as on a stand alone you don't :eek:ld

most of your newer DVD players with HDMI already up convert to 1080I and are very inexpensive with a nice low profile :yes

well i did alot of searchin about the combo, and i didn't really see any downside. i just won't buy it just yet. cuz u lookin at about another $100 more then if u buy just the one platform player

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

well i did alot of searchin about the combo, and i didn't really see any downside. i just won't buy it just yet. cuz u lookin at about another $100 more then if u buy just the one platform player
Actually, I did read something about that also, with the combo player, you do not get the HDi (interactive features) of HD DVD, that's the only downside of it I think.

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts