Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

anyone like ted nugent

4K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Bogie 
#1 ·
#11 ·
He is trying to state that the 2nd Amend. is his right to carry weapons. But we all know that you will end up in court trying to argue that one and most likely lose if you get caught carry a weapon without the proper permits. I have mine for work and off duty so I am legal.

I believe as he does that if you are a law abiding citizen that has not been convicted of a felony than you should be able to carry. As time goes on I see more and more violent crimes happen to people who have no way to defend themselves. Even here in Iowa.

#12 ·
Actually, I took it as his right to keep and bear arms technically should not be dictated by law. However, since we have laws here in America, as long as you are not convicted of a felony you should be able to carry. The unfortunate part to that is he's not taking into account those with violent histories such as assaults (5th degree assault is misdemeanor), those prone to violence without criminal histories, as well as those who have mental disorders.

#13 ·
Actually, I took it as his right to keep and bear arms technically should not be dictated by law. However, since we have laws here in America, as long as you are not convicted of a felony you should be able to carry. The unfortunate part to that is he's not taking into account those with violent histories such as assaults (5th degree assault is misdemeanor), those prone to violence without criminal histories, as well as those who have mental disorders.

True...if we are gonna have the laws they need to stretch out a bit farther but the problem lies in places like here in Iowa where in the Sheriff of the County has the final say as to wether or not you can get your permit to carry concealed.

Even if your not a convicted felon they don't have to issue you anything more than a permit to purchase. they are not required to issue CCW Permits.

It is very rare that they are issued here. My job is actually the reason they allow me to carry off-duty also. :thumbup

I think there should be a federal CCW permit to honest with you. :yes

#21 ·
Uncle Ted!!! LOL - Yeah, I like him. A little on the extreme side but when it comes to Hunters Rights and Arms Rights we need a few extremists to offset the other side. Also, he didnt come to live in Michigan, he is originally from Michigan and has been here most his life. He has a ranch in Jackson, but actually lives in Texas now. And he still does some concerts up here at Cobo and DTE Music Theater from time to time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.